Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel So-Cal vs. San Dimas 1-2H. Any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had time to read all the posts here...but I will chime in. It's so funny because a lot of people here have much different opinions about the same guitars. One person hates JBs but loves the Telly...another guy loves the Dimarzios in the SoCal, but wants an SD-1 also.

I've owned all three....right now I have an SD-1 (with an H-S-S setup), and the SD-2 Telly. I, too added the brass block upgrade...I owned a SoCal for about a week, and traded it for my SD-1. I do like the Duncan pickups better than the Dimarzios...but that's obviously just personal preference. I, do really want another So Cal. I traded mine, only because it was brand new and needed a setup...meaning it was on the wall for a long time...and I bought red/black...which I just couldn't get used to. So my reasons for getting rid of the So Cal had really nothing to do with the sound, quality, etc of the guitar. Right now, I'm on a quest to find a white (with black pickguard) So Cal for a good price. As soon as I see one, I'm gonna grab it...particularly if the new production Charvels turn out to be imports...which it's looking like this is the case.

Good luck...I don't think you can go wrong with any of these guitars...but if I had to get rid of them all, I'd keep the Telly...it's the most "brown" of them all. And that's kinda what I go for in my sound.
    Todd M

Comment

There's a white SoCal on eBay right now, with modified pickups. Auction ends soon, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
        There's a white SoCal on eBay right now, with modified pickups. Auction ends soon, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
        thanks bro..it actually went at higher than I'd like... I've seen them for quite a bit cheaper from time to time. Of course, beggers can't be choosers. Looking for white might mean I have to pay a little more. Right now I'm a bit in the dog house...I've purchased 6 guitars in the last 8 or 9 months...some of which are pretty impressive instruments. Problem is, usually the more impressive, the more they burn a hole in your wallet....and the more the fun police start to nag.
        Todd M

Comment

Working...
        X