Pointy reissues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    Truth be told....they're were better than the MIUSA stuff that rollingout now...which I suppose will be MIJ soon enough. Three piece necks with a headstock truss nut...
    They did not have three-piece necks.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've got one that I purchased NOS that has an very black ebony board, dual duncans and a floyd. I also have a promod So Cal. To me they are birds of a different feather. I love them both but they are night and day different. If I compare my SD pointy re-issue to my original San Dimas Jackson though, then they are VERY similar. I think the promods are geared towards the original strat heads where the pointy reissues were geared towards, well the pointy. They are both different in my opinion but both excellant instruments. I will say that I feel a more "custom shop, quality" feel on the reissue that is a little lacking on the promod but my promod gets most the play time.

Comment

If anyone has anymore pics please post them. I like that color on your reissue. Is it rootbeer? If any one knows of any places to pick one up, please let me know. I am definately hooked.

Comment

A few more pics for you...

www.vendetta-theband.com
          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Royalrjr View Post
            If anyone has anymore pics please post them. I like that color on your reissue. Is it rootbeer? If any one knows of any places to pick one up, please let me know. I am definately hooked.
            The color is a very deep burgandy.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
              The color is a very deep burgandy.
              Looks like what they call black cherry.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Agreed, J/C calls that finish black cherry.

Comment

I love the SD reissues. After I bought my plain jane black one, I sent it off to Dan Lawrence for a graphic I wanted to do for a long time. Turned out killer!

Comment

What's story with the graphic, Johnny? Is that your coat of arms or ?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bah!

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      *OBVIOUSLY* NOT a Queensryche fan eh Ron?

'Coat of arms'...sheesh.

Cool graphic!!
                      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                        A few more pics for you...

I love the look of that and I'm not normally a black guitar guy. I would die for that in a neck-through.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Me neither, but it looked really cool in the shop ... at the time there was a red HH Star and a white 1 hum Star .. but in the end I went for the black.
                          My intention was to get a graphic put on, but the black was so deep and glossy I couldnt bring myself to de-face it.

Then I sold it.. like a doofus

A neck through would be awesome though.
                          www.vendetta-theband.com
                          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Always been a big Queensryche fan (hence my screen name) and I've had ideas about incorporating DeGarmo's graphics into some Jacksons and Charvels that I liked. I bought the SD reissue Charvel knowing it was going to get a refin. I had been looking for a used one for a while. Here's Chris' ESP that inspired by crossed daggers.

And here's a pic of my crossed daggers and triryche soloist.

Comment

BAH yourself!

No, I've never seen the QR guitar in vids or live...I do recognize the tri-ryche though...

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                              *OBVIOUSLY* NOT a Queensryche fan eh Ron?

'Coat of arms'...sheesh.

Cool graphic!!
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X