Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purple Style 2 (Tele)...what color pickguard! White or Black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be in the minority here, but I LOVE the pickguards on these Tellies...I have a polar white with a black pickguard (Thanks Ron), and it totally changed the look of the guitar...for the better. The plain white was a bit boring and looked like it needed something.

I will say...purple is a different color than white, and opinions might be different...but I still think the white and the black look good. I'd probably go with the black on that one...kinda like the purple SoCal

My 2 cents
    Todd M

Comment

It was a no-brainer for me. Style 2's are just too plain. I suppose that not every Tele needs a pickguard...just like not every Flying V needs a pickguard. Let's face it...a single plain color needs some help. The whole Style 2 series pretty much bombed and got discontinued, which is a little bit of a shame. I'm not trashing them; I own 4 Style 2's, now, so just hold-yer-horses on the troll talk.

The simple fact, in my opinion, is that the guitar needs something to help it out from being too plain. Pick a busier paitn job or a pickguard or a decal (egh)...but they need something.

Comment

Nice guitars. I have a tele style on ts way on red color. That was the style I wanted the least but for change of desteny it was the cheapest I found one of the USA models. It should come in this week. I like what you did to your guitar, itlooks bery unique, is the bullseye modified by yourself?

Comment

The black with the mirror pickguard is killer!! Now that is what modding Charvels is all about.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the T body style but that bullseye is crazy badass. I also dig the black with the mirror pickguard. I may have to rethink these.

Comment

Originally posted by powermacho View Post
              Nice guitars. I have a tele style on ts way on red color. That was the style I wanted the least but for change of desteny it was the cheapest I found one of the USA models. It should come in this week. I like what you did to your guitar, itlooks bery unique, is the bullseye modified by yourself?
              BE is a custom shop Tele...made me realize that the USA Prod needed some help

Originally posted by vondran View Post
              The black with the mirror pickguard is killer!! Now that is what modding Charvels is all about.
              That mirror pickguard is a 'one and only'.....per the R&D dept. The thinnest mirror is just too thick for the neck-body gap. One or three-ply fits 99% of the guitars that we've put them on with no thickness issues.

Comment

Working...
              X