• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the high dollar charvels are from the serial era 1xxx
    these seem to bring more money..
    your axe is beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by cfollano View Post
      This is the only one that i can find that is looks close to my charvel. It is up on e-bay for $5000. looks a little beat up also. Beside it being an 81 and having the duel pick ups is it much different then mine ? Do you think he will ever see that for this guitar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1981-CHARVEL-Exp...item563a42e059
      Ser# 18026 ? Guys?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Racer X, whats up with that serial number?

Comment

some of the very early pre-production charvels had 5 digit serial numbers...very hard to find and extremely rare it would seem...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

+1

And, assuming your guitar is legit, I would hold onto it. Very cool axe.

Even if you have no interest and would prefer to sell, the guitar market is pretty soft in terms of prices. Just a matter of the economy. I think if you hold on to that for another year or two, you might get a fair bit more money for it later down the road.

Comment

No offense, but I really hope you're just interested in seeing what it's worth and not really interested in following through and actually selling it. It would be a shame to let go of such a cool rarity with obvious sentimental value as this.

Ultimately, it's your axe, and your decision, but if it were me, I'd be starving before I would even entertain the thought of letting it go. That is one sweet ass guitar. Do yourself a favor and hang onto it. I guarantee you'll regret it if you don't. I say this from experience.
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                No offense, but I really hope you're just interested in seeing what it's worth and not really interested in following through and actually selling it. It would be a shame to let go of such a cool rarity with obvious sentimental value as this.

Ultimately, it's your axe, and your decision, but if it were me, I'd be starving before I would even entertain the thought of letting it go. That is one sweet ass guitar. Do yourself a favor and hang onto it. I guarantee you'll regret it if you don't. I say this from experience.
                +1
                When I was 18, I inherited a high value acoustic guitar and I'm so glad I decided not to sell it then. Sure, I could have used the money at the time but it would not have been life changing and I managed to get by without selling it. I totally understand that everyone's circumstances are unique but in my case, I know I would have regretted selling it.

Comment

This guitar's ultimate value is to a collector, so if you don't dig it, sell it for as much as you can. Check out usacharvels for similar guitars and rabid charvel collectors.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

This is the kind of a guitar that is almost,if not already, an investment piece cos of the rarity as an explorer +strat head, and that it hasn't been modified to accommodate a Floyd (or aghast a Kahler!).

With decent seller feedback, you'd likely get $2k or more on Ebay in today's market, which is a bit soft. Wait 2 or 3 years, or even as little as 1 year, and this could easily double. This would give ya plenty of time to build up decent ebay seller feedback.

Alternatively, I'm sure the local Guitar Center will give ya $100 inn trade-in value!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

that is an amazing guitar.
                      I'd never sell that.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

It's got one pickup and a Fender-style trem. I'd have already had it on Ebay just for that.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That 81 on ebay is collectable. I think many ask the moon and the stars for these things but 3-5 k is a tuff range.

The pick up has been changed? If you take the electronics cavity off we can tell. I find that the comfort bevel on explorers are less consistent but I have not seen one like that. The one on ebay is longer, and others are as short but deeper.

Is the body center joined? The discoloration in the neck pocket looks offcenter but it could just be mineral stains or wood color
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

cool....I think $3k is possible on eBay.....
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Very cool guitar. As was noted, market is soft at the moment. Guitars in that config. without mods are very very rare. Problem is, there are really only a handful of people in the country who are willing to spend more than $2500 on an old charvel and because of the soft economy, those guys are for the most part not as free with their money as they were a few years ago. If I were you, I would sit on that guitar until the economy picks up again. Better yet, keep in and play it. YMMV.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X