Anyone find batch 8 kinda lame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find batch 8 kinda lame

IDK I think that its kind of boring. Especially for the last batch. What are your thoughts.
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

I like the 1h primer SD1, but that's about it. I'm more curious for what's going to happen to the company's output now.
    Ratt & Roll

Comment

Yeah i didn't realize it was batch 8 until someone told me. It doesn't look all that much varied from the last, but whatever there are still some nice ones. Notably the Snake Skin matching headstock one

Comment

I like it.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Fender View Post
          Yeah i didn't realize it was batch 8 until someone told me. It doesn't look all that much varied from the last, but whatever there are still some nice ones. Notably the Snake Skin matching headstock one
          I hope you're being sarcastic about the snakeskin. That's a DeMartini Sig model, not part of the batch.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

It does seem a bit lame compared to batch 7. I really liked the trans candy gold and trans ale red finishes. This batch seems lame in comparison. But that's only one man's opinion. I'm sure some love it.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

being the last batch, i think its a bit anticlimactic. I was looking to get a SoCal, and all the previous colors that I liked are sold out, I dont want slime green, guess Ill just have to shop for a used one
              https://soundcloud.com/benjammin420/funkapus

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                I hope you're being sarcastic about the snakeskin. That's a DeMartini Sig model, not part of the batch.
                Well then i guess the batch does suck ass lol. I don't really follow his signatures, but i recognized his older ones. Like the cross dicks for example . Seriously though, if that's not part of the batch, than i feel bad for the guys who were counting the days for these.

Comment

what's the deal on the flame ones now? it's not really clear. all of a sudden they "appear" to be non limited?

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                    what's the deal on the flame ones now? it's not really clear. all of a sudden they "appear" to be non limited?
                    Answered in your other thread.

Comment

I disagree about the batch being boring. We have a slime green so cal. People have been clamoring for something to build a green meanie out of. BAM! There it is. They only need to sell 150 of them. I predict nearly instant sell out.

The candy tangerine So Cal was the first model to sell out and it was in the first batch. All along I have wished they would have done that color in the SD1. They did. Is it perfect as is for me? No. I want to put creme rings and double cream Duncans or maybe zebra Duncans. Now look at the guitar and imagine that. Now switch that black hardware for chrome. Perfect guitar for me. Modified and hot rooded by me, for me. EXACTLY was hot rod guitars like Charvel were intended to be.

And the flat black single hum with chrome hardware? That isn't my favorite color, but my close buddy is crazy with excitement to get it. He has a black SD1 already and he wants the chrome hardware on his SD1 and is putting the black hardware on the flat black. His idea of a perfect looking guitar, times two. And lots of guys refinish these guitars. Imagine the possibilities there.

If you are like the large group on here who don't think they should have to change anything on a guitar and that it's designerr would just automatically design your exact perfect vision for a guitar before you'll buy it, well I wonder if your ideas of Charvel and what you do with them are different than mine. I know the guys at Charvel see these as cool guitars to begin with, but excellent platforms to take whereever you want.

Comment

We have a slime green so cal. People have been clamoring for something to build a green meanie out of. BAM! There it is.
                        Boring, if people wanted a green meanie copy so bad, they would've went looking beyond Charvel i imagine or just repainted another one. OR done a mighty mite neck on a warmoth body painted slime green. Either way, there are no real green reproduction cause the guitar is nothing special to start off with. Ibanez makes a guitar for Steve now, did you hear

And the flat black single hum with chrome hardware? That isn't my favorite color
                        Technically it isn't really a color, now is it . Black is in fact a shade of gray, but yeah i know what you mean; boring right? Black always sells i guess, but it's more likely to appeal to someone who is new to Charvels.

If you are like the large group on here who don't think they should have to change anything on a guitar and that it's designerr would just automatically design your exact perfect vision for a guitar before you'll buy it, well I wonder if your ideas of Charvel and what you do with them are different than mine.
                        Duh ?

I know the guys at Charvel see these as cool guitars to begin with, but excellent platforms to take whereever you want.
                        Obviously because i doubt that after 7 pretty successful batches they would decide to just say ''fuck it'' and sell them all in primer gray with ''NO PAINTS FOR YOO'' sharpie'd on the front lol. As far as mods go, the same could be said about any guitar. Like an SL3. Great guitar, shittier hardware than a US, therefore if someone should be inclined to, it's a great guitar to mod.

Still what's important is you're liking the line and Fender have done their job. As long as they don't disappoint 75% of the fans out there, than we're fine.

Comment

I think this batch they gave us what we had said they'd love from the previous batches.
                          When the tangerine socal came out everyone was like -"that would be awesome in the style one" and they gave it too us in the style two. I REALLY like this one

Slime green socal-again when that came on the style 1 everyone was like "that would be awesome in the socal so we could do a green meanie"

the black one humbucker again people said last batch that they would love that in black.

To me they gave us our wish list. Some may think it's lame but you also have to remember that they don't want to take away any thunder from what's coming. Since the last 2 batch videos have been late I think they have been working hard on what's coming for a while.

Comment

I'm wondering if it's uber-limited Stars. The Impossible Dream:
                            Style1: 2 Hum/Floyd/Strathead
                            Style2: 1 Hum/v-trem/Strathead
                            Style3: 2 Hum/v-trem/Strathead
                            Style4: 1 Hum/Floyd/Strathead

Or maybe they'll be built by the Hamer guys this time, under guidance from the Charvel bunch, and be Roundhorn Vs and Explorers?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If I was a huge Vai fan, I would definately do a Green Meanie with that SoCal.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X