Charvel Star Standard pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Star Standard pots?

Bought a Charvel Star with HH config and Floyd Rose a few years ago and the Seymour Duncan JB/59's in it sound fantastic compared to a different make/model with same p'ups. Just wondering if anyone knows the type of pots (make/ 250K?) Charvel was using before I have to open up the cavity to dig out some identifying serials or markings...:think:

The ones they use in the promods are 500k cts solid shaft pots, I would think they would be the same or better.

Comment

The value will be stamped right on the pot. There's a possibility they used 250K because of the JB. That pickup can sometimes sound shrill with a 500K pot. It's worth taking a minute to have a look in there, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        The ones they use in the promods are 500k cts solid shaft pots, I would think they would be the same or better.
        Does it help to add that my Star is a USA Standard? I'm guessing the 500K pot gives it the more pronounced highs and sharper overall attack. Noticably different from the sludgy mids and diminished highs on the other guitar...

Comment

My '05 Star had a 500k pot, but it came with a Jazz paired up with the JB, not a '59. And the JB really sucked in that guitar anyway and got replaced with a DiMarzio Tone Zone... much better.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            My '05 Star had a 500k pot, but it came with a Jazz paired up with the JB, not a '59. And the JB really sucked in that guitar anyway and got replaced with a DiMarzio Tone Zone... much better.
            Mine's a stock '04 or '05 so I'm guessing it's a Jazz in the neck pos for mine as well.However, I really like the JB in my Star- more bite than a DiMarzio Evo 2 in my pimped Iceman and more balls than the X2N in my BC Rich.

Comment

The difference could be in the different woods, the pots themselves (whether it's the resistance or the quality), or some other aspect of the wiring. Does the Iceman have a tone pot? Even turned all the way up, the extra pot will have an effect on the resistance of the circuit. Maybe the Iceman has a 250K pot and you really like the sharp highs of a JB with a 500k pot.

Comment

Working...
              X