Pro mod tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro mod tele

I found one in a pawn shop today 0014XX black.
    $495.00 out the door may go snag it Fri.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I like the way those look, but I guess they didn't score as well as the other models with the public.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

I have a non pick guard strat one just not sure I need the tele tho'.
      It is one from the first run.

Comment

I liked the Tele I had more out of any of the 4 I owned (one Style 1 and 2 SoCals)...tone wise. Just had a beefier body to it I think. IMO, the Teles need a reverse pointy to look true to what I feel is the Charvel image.

Comment

I do need the neck for a project and have a sweet model 2 neck I could use on the tele

Comment

I bet you the tele's will SKYROCKET in a few years cause no one wants them now!

Comment

I bought the tele first and loved it...2 weeks later I picked up a socal....I'm considering exchanging the socal for a san dimas style 1. The problem I have is that I'm not sure if the tone from the Tele is the result of the body style or the choice of pickups Charvel made.
              What do you guys think...particularly those of you who have both models.
              Thanks.

Todd
              Todd M

Comment

It's a combination of the two. There's a review of the Socal, Style 1 and Style 2 online, and the Style 2 has the darker, browner sound of the 3.

Besides that, I compared a Socal to a Style 2- didn't get a chance to try a Style 1. Like I said in another post, the Socal sounds thinner and flatter, more like an 80's Ibanez JEM- whereas the Style 2 is more EVH/ Demartini. I preferred the tone of the Style 2

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                  It's a combination of the two. There's a review of the Socal, Style 1 and Style 2 online, and the Style 2 has the darker, browner sound of the 3.

Besides that, I compared a Socal to a Style 2- didn't get a chance to try a Style 1. Like I said in another post, the Socal sounds thinner and flatter, more like an 80's Ibanez JEM- whereas the Style 2 is more EVH/ Demartini. I preferred the tone of the Style 2
                  +1 I agree completely...but i have to say...the So Cal is growing on me...I have been having a harder time keeping it in tune....and the strings on it (even when bought new) looked a little old/corroded..so I replaced them. My intonation is off a little, which is a bit of a bummer on a new guitar, and unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge on how to do guitar setups...so it's back to the dealer for me. Figured I'd add my 4th cent on this issue.

As much as the style 2 has a great tone...preferred by me at least...it's a real player...I like the feel of a strat body over a telly.

Tough call on which guitar I prefer over all. I just know that I've always loved Charvels, and these new USA models is bringing me back to 1986...when I got my first Charvel. God, I wish I knew what ever happened to that guitar!

Great thread

Todd
                  Todd M

Comment

I'm actually looking for a good deal on a Socal so I can Claptonize and turn it into a Blues Machine. Put a big block on the Floyd, then put my pre wired Clapton puckguard with Lace Sensor Hot Golds and Clapton mid boost in

Comment

Working...
                    X