Strathead neck on my Beater San Dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strathead neck on my Beater San Dimas

Got a strathead neck (apparently off of the new crop of production USA models) to replace the sears style neck that was stuck on there previously. At some point I may try to restore it to its pointy original goodness, but I'm kind of digging this look.

Here are some pics from a previous transformation of this guitar!

Comment

Looks good. I think my favorite is the pointy, but thats just a personal taste thing. I definitely like it better with a black mid pickup.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Looks good. I think my favorite is the pointy, but thats just a personal taste thing. I definitely like it better with a black mid pickup.
        Yep, the pointy maple neck is cool. I tried to find another one to restore it, but no luck. They are really hard to find.

The original incarnation of this guitar was with a vintage trem apparently. Wish I had a picture of it in its original state. This guitar has had quite the history of mods. It still sounds killer though. I think the body is maple.... heavy as hell!

Comment

Holy crap I just noticed it originally had a kahler too haha. I was just focused on the headstocks.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah it's tough to spot. Although technically it originally had a vintage trem. Then someone put the Kahler on it. Then Jackson custom shop installed the floyd!

Comment

It looks awesome with the strathead neck, best reincarnation so far, IMO
              Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

nice work....that looks great!!!
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

damn. was all that work actually cheaper than just having a new one built?

Comment

thumbs up on the strathead, looks great.

Comment

fatstrat - except for the strathead, all that work was done well before I ever owned it.

Comment

Working...
                      X