Changing Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Hardware

If I get a set of Grover tuners with regular tunning heads will the screw holes line up so I won't have to drill?

Thanks M

Not sure what you mean by "regular" tuning heads but those are IIRC Mini Rotomatics, so, if you get those, they should fit.

Comment

Sorry, by regular I meant not the kidney shaped heads but rather schaller, jackson shaped heads, I'm changing all the hardware on my candy blue pro mod SD1 to chrome but the holes for the tunning heads don't line up for either schaller or jackson tunner's & I'm not if Grover makes heads of this shape, any suggestions on how to do this without drilling or am I just out of luck?

Thanks

Comment

all you have to do is get the grover mini rotomatics and they will go on with no drilling

Comment

Thanks but I'm trying to find some heads that are not shaped like the kidney beans.

Thanks

Comment

Doesn't stewmac sell Gotohs with Schaller heads?

Like These
            Last edited by Nightbat; 01-28-2010, 11:02 PM.
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lemures View Post
              Thanks but I'm trying to find some heads that are not shaped like the kidney beans.

Thanks
              i'm not a fan of those either and i dont think they have a way of swapping another tuner button on them.
              DK2 EERIE DESS
              KE3 CUSTOM
              KELLY PROFESSIONAL
              KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
              RR3 PRO
              BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
              KRAMER VOYAGER
              LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
              TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate the help, I think I'm just gonna get a set of schallers after all but do I go with the standard M6 or the mini's? Wich kind are on the DiMartini and EVH mods?

Thanks M

Comment

Nothing else seems to line up with the Grover mounting holes. Additionally, no other tuner buttons seem to fit on the Grovers.

However, I did find a 20 year old set of Gotoh buttons that fit on current Grovers and put those on mine. However - NEW Gotoh buttons do not fit. Here's my Grovers with old Gotoh buttons:

-------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

I hear ya man, it is a bitch to find anything that will drop in in place of Grovers (besides Grovers). It's not too big of a deal to drill the holes, though. :dunno:

If you are willing to drill holes, I recommend these:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/G...6-In-Line.html

I put these on a couple of guitars; they're very close to the Jackson tuners, actually I suspect the exact same tuners without the Jackson branding.

The Schaller locking tuners that Warmoth sells (for 6-in-line) will also fit (with new holes, same holes as the Gotohs).

I found some Schallers at GuitarPartsDepot that were M6 Mini that fit in place of Jackson/Gotoh/Schaller but, the posts are too long... You would need about 6 or 8 wraps on the A string to get it to come off the tuner low enough on a Jackson, or the strings go sharp when you lock the Floyd. That sucks... But since you have a bar retainer it won't matter for your application.

Anyway, those are three I have direct experience with as replacements. I could never find anything that was a "drop-in."

Comment

Great thanks man, that realy helps. That will save me a lot of time and headache and to think my buddy laughs at me for going on guitar forums.

Comment

what about these?
                        http://www.grotro.com/Mainoriginalrotos.html

Comment

Grover Imperials won't even fit on a strat headstock.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                          X