Charvel ProMod vs Jackson SLSMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel ProMod vs Jackson SLSMG

Hey guys, I have the choice between a between these two guitars with the Charvel being around 200 more than the Jackson. Is the Charvel worth the extra dough? Thanks!

IT is if you like strats and hate funky thin soloist type guitars with smurf hat headstocks.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

yes

Comment

Well, it depends what you like. Quality wise, you simply cant go wrong with each, as theyre both phenominal guitars, and I own one of each. The deciding factor will be style and feature that YOU want.

The ProMod has a Floyd, 22 fret oiled maple neck which is on the thicker side, and looks more "classic". Its bascially a hot-rodded strat with duncan or dimarzo pups.

The SLSMG has stringthru, 24 fret ebony board, finished neck on the thinner side, very lightweight and slim (hence name, SLS=super-light soloist), EMG pups.

So, what are you looking to get out of it? Personally I like Floyds, but I ALSO like thin necks... thats why neither the SLSMG or ProMod are perfect for me. If you dont like Floyds and like thin necks, then go with the SLSMG. If you have to have a Floyd, and dont mind a thicker neck, then go with the ProMod.

OR you could just take that $1000 and buy a used SL2H off of eBay and have the best of both worlds and then some!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Hard to say, really. I've got an SLS3 and the Charvels and like both for different reasons.

I will say the Charvel is more comfortable for me to play standing, and both are about equal for sitting. The SLS is also about half the weight of the Charvel, or at least 2/3rds, so if you like "feeling like I'm holding a chunk o' wood" rather than "it feels like an extra appendage", go with the Charvel.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like bare bones, classic 80's guitars with Duncan pickups better than thin Soloist style guitars with EMG pickups, so I vote Charvel.

There's a nice white Pro Mod on eBay, if you can get over a repaired neck!
            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
            '98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Cool thanks for the replies, think I'm going to go with the Charvel!

Comment

Working...
              X