Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM'10 Guitars

Hi guys,

Quick question. Does anyone know if the rising sun guitars that appear on the videos and pictures from NAMM'10 are one offs or are a new addition to the signature series? Jon Levin was playing one, so I thought it might be a new sig. model. I am in love with the yellow/orange one. If only it had a maple fingerboard...

I am pretty sure (99%) they were one offs just for the show.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

There's a photo over on the USACharvels board of a whole bunch of rising sun bodies in Mike Learn's shop. Apparently taken sometime in the early fall '09. So I imagine they have a few of them. Probably a limited run - 10 of each or something.

I'm sure one of the dealers will have the low down.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Capelo View Post
        Hi guys,

Quick question. Does anyone know if the rising sun guitars that appear on the videos and pictures from NAMM'10 are one offs or are a new addition to the signature series? Jon Levin was playing one, so I thought it might be a new sig. model. I am in love with the yellow/orange one. If only it had a maple fingerboard...

Greetings! We do the Rising Suns from time to time... we added the weird colors this past year! They are Custom Shop guitars and the writing is done in gold leaf!

Comment

But I think the question is - how many are there?
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the information. I was hoping they were new signature models, because the Custom Shops are a bit out of my budget. Anyhow, good to know that Charvel is now offering these killer colors. I guess I will have to wait and see if one of the authorized dealers decides to make a limited run of them.

Comment

Charvel has updated their website noting where the NAMM guitars ended up

http://www.charvel.com/custombuilt.html

Comment

It was my understanding from talking with Micheal at Charvel that they are one off guitars when I visited him @ the Charvel booth. If they made more than 1 of each it wasn't very many. They had some killer Charvels in the booth @ NAMM 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X