Stormtroopered White S1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormtroopered White S1

Took the black stuff from the Slimer and put it on Whitey, except the bridge posts. At first I just swapped necks with the Floyds still attached, but they're not as consistent with the heel shaping as they should be IMO, so I put the original neck back on it and moved all the hardware.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

these are not the droid youre looking for

looks cool man
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I'M not feeling it with the mismatched pickups. I think you should go white or black and match the rings as well - white pickups, white rings or vice versa.

On th heel width - do you think it's the neck or the pocket?
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        I'M not feeling it with the mismatched pickups. I think you should go white or black and match the rings as well - white pickups, white rings or vice versa.
        looks good but i agree, match the pickups then it will be perfect.
        DK2 EERIE DESS
        KE3 CUSTOM
        KELLY PROFESSIONAL
        KELLY PS6T W/ DK2 NECK
        RR3 PRO
        BC RICH MR-7 STEALTH
        KRAMER VOYAGER
        LINE6 HD150 SPIDER IV HEAD
        TWIN CRATE 4X12 CABS

Comment

I can hear the Imperial march while looking at this!
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

yeaaa, get a black bridge pickup ASAP.

Comment

I think it looks neat with the two different colored pups.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                On th heel width - do you think it's the neck or the pocket?
                It's both, actually. The white's neck was hard to get into the green's pocket, but the green's neck wobbled in the white's pocket, leaving a 1/16" visible gap.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I have had about 20 of these pro mods go through my hands and the mating of the necks and bodies is very hit or miss. On the other hand the one I play the most and it has what I feel is the best tone of them all has a small gap. In addition most had 3 piece bodies but some had 2 piece. This was before the Trans Magenta / Wild Card. The seems were clearly visible on most because of the lack of grain filler.

Comment

The three I had were pretty cookie-cutter mix & match.

But, it wouldn't surprise me if the tolerances were a little loose based on the neck pocket gaps I've seen on some of them.

Comment

I've got the neck from my Pagan Gold one on my Candy Green, and it was a perfect match. Go figure.

Comment

looks cool, now mix and match the floyd saddles with the chrome and the nut blocks with chrome

Comment

Somewhere I have a Stormtrooper helmet knob that would be perfect for that. Very cool.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I bought a Slime Green body on eBay a few months ago and then a neck seperately on ebay recently and they fit like a glove. Again, go figure.

PS: replace the neck pickup with another white one, leave the p/u rings black and it would look killer!
                            Guitars:
                            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                            1988 Model 2,
                            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                            RR3
                            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                            2005 SG Special

Comment

Actually, a Zebra pickup in the bridge-slot of that thing would look badass.

Comment

Working...
                              X