Used San Dimas style 1 price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used San Dimas style 1 price?

I feel like getting myself a "new" guitar for newyears, and I was just wondering what is the usual price for a used SD1? Roughly 800 usd?
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

I've seen them bouncing around that price on ebay- your best bet is to search completed auctions. $800 should get it done for sure, at least in the States. You might try trolling for one in the Classifieds at that $$ and see if any members bite.

Comment

Depends on the color.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can't beleive that kind of premium on a used guitar. These should be $550 - $600 used at most. I certainly wouldn't buy a used one for $800 considering the price of a new one.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Depends on the color, but it's not uncommon to see them sell used on ebay in the range of $600 to $800.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            I can't beleive that kind of premium on a used guitar. These should be $550 - $600 used at most. I certainly wouldn't buy a used one for $800 considering the price of a new one.
            My thoughts as well..Allthough they might be great guitars, prices should decrease more than a couple hundred bucks as soon as the guitar leaves the store..

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
              My thoughts as well..Allthough they might be great guitars, prices should decrease more than a couple hundred bucks as soon as the guitar leaves the store..

Which is why I don't have one yet! I figure they'll get to $500-$600 pretty regularly, particularly the ones that have had a little road-time. I don't mind a few bumps & bruises, so that'll be when I make a move.

Comment

I saw a few recently at Sam Ash by me and they are going for $1099. Incidently, the "tele" style body model is now going for $699 new. They had a few of them there, I almost bought the mettallic purple one. Very nice guitar.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

I regularly get them in and sell used sd 1's for 700. I have seen them as low as 550 usd. Like the previous post said check Ebay and you will see one come along for that. It may be a black one but one will come along.
                  http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

I'd actually prefer a black one, but I think the green SD1 is cool as hell, the taxi yellow is a close third..

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      I paid less than that for a new one .....
                      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                      --horns666 - 12/29/08
                      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

I picked up a brand new Taxi Cab yellow one on ebay for $700. And the guy met me half way so no shipping issues.
                        Its a shame I dont like Tele's cause you can get them new for under $600 on there right now, almost worth it to part it out and make enough to get another S1
                        Charvel San Dimas 1985 and 2009 1S 2H,ESP KH-2, Dean MAB1. Randall RM50 (Hellatone 60L's,V30 & CL 80).BOSS ME-70 & GT10,RC-2,Jamman, BBE Sonic Stomp.

Comment

Dexter's music has a taxi yellow SD1 for $699 *NEW*

can't believe it hasn't sold yet. I keep going back to see if its there, and yep, still in stock.

has a small ding under floyd, not a big deal for $400 off reg price.
                          Proud endorser of:
                          Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
                          GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
                          Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

I see them all the time for $850 on Ebay... They don't sell.

A black one... Not hard to find at all. Should be able to get one pretty cheap.

Comment

I just paid $750 for a mint SD-1 on ebay. Why do you think a guitar that sells for $1,100 should sell for half price if it's used lightly for 6 months??
                              '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                              '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                              '98 PRS Custom 22
                              '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Working...
                              X