San Dimas Floyd setup question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
    I suppose you could shim the saddles, but the end result is going to be that the saddles will still be at the same height.
    You wouldn't get the longer, shim strips. You'd just get the smaller, individual shims that go directly under each saddle so that you can stagger them for whatever radius you need. That's what I did when I had my Charvel Star and wanted the trem on the body.
    Problem solved.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      I think this is going to vary from guitar to guitar. I put a big block in one of my Jackson strats with a non-recessed trem, and didn't lose any pullup. :think:
      Right. I did this on a Soloist as well, using a 32mm block, no issue with pull-up.

I'm talking about SPECIFICALLY the 42mm block from floydupgrades on a Charvel PRO MOD. I did it, and that's how it works... No pull-up.

Originally posted by dragoneti View Post
      I think i will try the big block upgrade...the thing is to buy a 42 or a 37 mm in height? the one tha came with tha guitar is 37. i think width wise are the same?
      You want the 42mm if you want the trem "blocked" for dive-only.

Originally posted by dragoneti View Post
      If i shim the nut wouldn't this create a high action on the 1 fret while not affecting the latter ones?
      Yeah, that's just wrong. Don't do that.

Comment

Working...
      X