No announcement yet.

So Cal Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ I've been curious about the EVH pickup. I wonder if you could get a similar sound out of a Dimarzio PAF pro or something?

Comment

I really like the Evo in the neck. For whatever reason it just works well for me. I also like the TZ in the bridge of my SoCal but it was not quite what I wanted. I opted for my go-to bridge pickup - a DiMarzio Super Distortion.

For me, the TZ is a bit fickle like the JB but a lot more versatile IMO. If a JB sounds bad in a guitar there isn't much I could ever do to improve it. But when it clicks, it is a great choice. I could get a lot more out of the TZ by lowering its height quite a bit.

I just swapped out my TZ for the DiMarzio SD yesterday. I was drilling the PG for a tone knob anyway. I tried the TZ w/the newly installed tone knob first. I liked it even better than without. I've done this before and pretty much knew it would improve things for me. But I simply prefer the SD for my needs. The tone knob also helps me get a lot more out of the Evo in the neck. When I play out, most everything is done on the neck pickup anyway.
      In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
      X