No announcement yet.

San Dimas Style 2 - pull back on trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Style 2 - pull back on trem?

Hello all. I made a brief stop to a local music store the other day and was introduced to the new Charvel production models. Specifically, the San Dimas style 2 caught my eye. With them being marked down, I have found myself with a major case of GAS.

Unfortunately I was not able to spend any time playing the guitar as I was kind of in a hurry. I hope to get my hands on one this weekend. In the meantime, I wondering about the Floyd. With it being non-recessed, is it capable of doing Dimebag Darrell esque pull backs (raising the pitch)?

A search on the topic seemed mixed.

Sure, you can pull back on the trem. I get at least two steps before the strings fret out. You can get a little more depending on your bridge height and angle as well.

I can get more pull back on my Ibanez with the recessed Edge, but the ProMod's got enough for me.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

i get a step & a half before the trem block hits the route.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Really, really looking forward to giving this guitar a shot. I'm feeling like its going to be hard to pass up the current price. I'm also considering a Jackson DKMG - pretty different guitars I know - but I figure that one can wait if the Charvel stands up. I don't think that Jackson model is going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
        X