Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar White San Dimas

Hi everyone,

It's been a LONG time since I've posted here. I took around a year hiatus from guitar. Lots of reasons--none bad.

Anyway, I've located a dealer that has a new Polar White (chrome hardware) San Dimas in stock.

Being that I've been out of the scene so long, I have no idea what the street price on said guitar would be. If I recall the rules, there's no mentioning new prices below MAP, but since I'm not mentioning a specific dealer or price, can someone give me a ballpark or a price to shoot for?

Much thanks!

-Thrust

These things were pretty popular - sold out of a lot of places - the white San Dimas, I mean. You can probably so better, but I would expect them to knock off the cost of a case and sales tax - that's a good place to start on the ProMod price.

It is a San Dimas 1 - right? Not a Style 2? If its the tele, then I'd pay no more than $600 because they didn't sell at all.

But hey, who am I kidding. I bought my first one for full retail, plus tax. And get this: I'm "negotiating" with the sales guy, and I says, "you could at least throw in a pack of strings." And he's like, "OK." I find out a few months later, after looking at the reciept, that he charged me for the strings!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yes, it is a Style 1.

I knew they were pretty popular. I was surprised to see it hanging in the store. Unfortunately, I suppose, that makes 'dealing' a little more difficult.

Sucks about the strings.

I bought a LP at <shudder> GC a couple years ago and had a similar encounter.

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      These things were pretty popular - sold out of a lot of places - the white San Dimas, I mean. You can probably so better, but I would expect them to knock off the cost of a case and sales tax - that's a good place to start on the ProMod price.

It is a San Dimas 1 - right? Not a Style 2? If its the tele, then I'd pay no more than $600 because they didn't sell at all.

But hey, who am I kidding. I bought my first one for full retail, plus tax. And get this: I'm "negotiating" with the sales guy, and I says, "you could at least throw in a pack of strings." And he's like, "OK." I find out a few months later, after looking at the reciept, that he charged me for the strings!

Comment

$800-$900 is fair IMO. No way I'd pay full MSRP/MAP of $1100-$1200.

A lot of folks were put off the Polar White S1 because the White wasn't as White as most Whites. It's kind of a Bone White on some, while others appear more Stark Raving White.

Dunno if the paint's that thin or if it's part of the effect (Polar caps melting and all )

I like mine that way. It doesn't look so "clean".
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          the White wasn't as White as most Whites.
          Oh, so now its about how white is white realy? I see how you roll...
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

I keep thinking I am going to switch the body on mine for either Candy Blue or Sea Sick and then I think I love the white/cream combo more and more every week it seems. Now I am just thinking that I will buy a Sea Sick and change the hardware, I even had one in my dirty little hands today at lunch time.

Comment

So, I stopped by the store this evening. I've been wanting a practice amp too and I asked what the price would be on the San Dimas and a Super Champ XD.

$1350 out the door. I think this is a luke warm deal--at best.

I walked, but given the difficulty of finding this guitar (and the 6 months SAC financing), I'm considering going back tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
                So, I stopped by the store this evening. I've been wanting a practice amp too and I asked what the price would be on the San Dimas and a Super Champ XD.

$1350 out the door. I think this is a luke warm deal--at best.

I walked, but given the difficulty of finding this guitar (and the 6 months SAC financing), I'm considering going back tomorrow.

Thoughts?
                I own both of those products and I agree it's not much of a deal, but make a counter offer, couldn't hurt, cash is king right now. Bring what you think is fair and set the money down on the counter and see if they take it.

Comment

I paid $999 for my white Style 1. I'd be really surprised if you couldn't get one for that, seems kinda dumb to hold onto a guitar for longer just to get another $100.

Comment

Working...
                  X