7th batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
    we are tuff MFers to please. I am sure that if Charvel called each one of us personally and custome built our dream guitar and sold it for $1099 and had it delivered to our houses in person by a horny supermodel with a suitcase full of money, some of us would still complain.

What? No case????? :ROTF:
    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

• Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
      What i think is cool is that the company is evidently listening to what fans want. A lot of us wanted HSS and got it. A lot of us wanted single hum and now we have one. Can't see any other guitar company doing that.
      exactly.

I cannot believe all the bitching and moaning - when I saw these Wed AM before a business trip had me out the door I was ecstatic, it's like up to now these were very nice but also cookie cutter (very uniform on appointments) but now they broke the mold and went crazy, these are great models. plus, think what the next quarter's release will bring.

I love the variety they are doing with these now.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

• I like that they came up with a completely new graphic. Looks real nice in the video.

Comment

• Yeah, their originality is astonishing.
          THIS IS MY POST
          Thanks for reading

Comment

• here's the other pics - from the PDF catalog, zoomed in. Didn't bother with the regular black ones as most everyone has seen them already.. enjoy!

Proud endorser of:
            Steve Clayton Inc. http://www.steveclayton.com
            GLS Audio http://www.glsaudio.com
            Orange County Speaker http://www.speakerrepair.com/

Comment

• man....... I am trying SO hard to like that fiesta red. I want one of those guitars very much, its got everything going for it but the color. I really want one, but cant stomach the color. If I am going to spend $1099, I damn sure want to be happy with all aspects of the guitar. I can live with the no case as I have cases, but the color........UGH.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

• Picture it with a creme ring and a creme pickup... that's what did it for me. And maybe a bullseye paint job over it... or some blue pinstriped hot wheels flames... I'm gunna make it work, baby!
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

• I thought about repainting it.....but damn........ I hate to paint a NEW guitar.

Comment

• Here's a question........ can those direct mount pickups be converted to use with a ring?? or is the hole on the mount bigger to accomodate a screw rather than a bolt???

Comment

• Yeah - you've got to replace the pickup - they drill them out to fit a screw through them. Single coils should be fine, though.

You can solder nuts to the baseplate legs (Dimarzio will actually mail you nuts if you send them a SASE) or you can just solder the hole closed and tap a new set of threads through the solder.

Or, like me, pull out that honkey JB and bolt up a proper pickup like a Super Distortion.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        Yeah - you've got to replace the pickup - they drill them out to fit a screw through them. Single coils should be fine, though.

You can solder nuts to the baseplate legs (Dimarzio will actually mail you nuts if you send them a SASE) or you can just solder the hole closed and tap a new set of threads through the solder.

Or, like me, pull out that honkey JB and bolt up a proper pickup like a Super Distortion.
                        JB's ARE a proper pickup! I love a Duncan JB. its my favorite pickup. I have replaced both dimarzios and EMGs with them in used guitars I have bought over the years. I love em.

Comment

• I'm half and half with the JB - one day, I'll think it sounds great, and the next day -
                          Blank yo!

Comment

• I'm passing my turn this time... But waiting for a one humbucker with maple fretboard...
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• this has got to be the ugliest/worst batch ever. you couldn't pay me to own any of those guitars. they must have known how shitty this batch was since they released the flame models. now THOSE are worth owning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                                I'm passing my turn this time... But waiting for a one humbucker with maple fretboard...
                                wanna swap necks. you get the rosewood san dimas and I'll get the so cal.

Comment

Working...
                                X