Hi Guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys.

Hi guys new around here. I have just picked up this San Dimas Craig Fraser Tribal Gothic and would appreciate any info that you can give me on it. It's number 4 of the 12.

Welcome to the gang

If I remember this model was one of the Namm show display axes.., but there was one in Guitar Guitar in the UK that they were selling off for a great price.

I remember when it first came in.. it was real expensive! Not suprised though as it`s pretty jaw dropping!

Congrats

Somebody will chime in on more info before too long.
    www.vendetta-theband.com
    www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Can't give more info about your guitar, but you're welcome to the board and congrats

Comment

Nice! The first Gothic Tribal was shown at 2006 Winter Namm, and looking through the serial # chart, it looks like the completion dates on the rest of the run were spread out quite a bit, all the way into Summer of '07. Looks like yours is the last one with a pointy headstock, and #5 and later have stratheads.

Here's the chart (NAMM guitar is #7003):

http://weber.de1.cc/charvel/7000-7499.html

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          Looks like yours is the last one with a pointy headstock, and #5 and later have stratheads.
          There is a mistake in the serial-list. They all have pointy headstocks. I will correct it with the next update

And it looks as if there are 10 of these. Not 12. At least some dealers advertized them as "xx of 10"

Comment

How much did it cost you?
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Cool guitar and welcome to the board. It was part of a 10 or 12 piece limited run, but I'm pretty sure I have seen a strathead version also.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Nice! The first Gothic Tribal was shown at 2006 Winter Namm, and looking through the serial # chart, it looks like the completion dates on the rest of the run were spread out quite a bit, all the way into Summer of '07. Looks like yours is the last one with a pointy headstock, and #5 and later have stratheads.

Here's the chart (NAMM guitar is #7003):

http://weber.de1.cc/charvel/7000-7499.html

Hmm....something isn't right on the list ( I think ) feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ( probably )

I looked through the list and #7622 is number 5. I have #7623 which is no. 4. Not that it matters

The guitar was bought from Guitarguitar and a cracking discount was given, I'm a regular customer and haggle BIG discounts.

This thing SCREAMS through the Mesa MarkV....unbelievable sustain.

Comment

Am I the only one that looks at that pickguard and thinks of country music?
                  THIS IS MY POST
                  Thanks for reading

Comment

Originally posted by Zaneus View Post
                    Am I the only one that looks at that pickguard and thinks of country music?
                    Country music

Comment

yeah they did a pointy limited run first then later offered a Strat Head version....

cool guitar love the engraved pickguard
                      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                      X