Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel is blowing out the Style 2 Tele's for $699!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel is blowing out the Style 2 Tele's for $699!

No kidding. Call your favorite dealer or JCF sponsor.

Black
    Polar White
    Candy Red
    Pagan Gold
    Candy Purple
    Candy Tangerine

wow.

the mistake here was the headstock, it needed a Tele headstock.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

That's a good price, but I just don't like the tele shape. But for those that do, grab one!
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I'll wait for $499.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          I'll wait for $499.
          You damn right!

I think the Charvel guys shot themselves in the foot with this particular model... There`s not many shredders/Metalheads/Guitarists in general who would jump on the fugly Strat headstock/Tele body vibe.

They should have had Style 1, SoCal, and a 1 Humbucker Model instead of the Style 2.

That way you wouldnt have all those Style 2s left on the shelf.

Just my thoughts.. sorry to offend the Style 2 brigade.
          www.vendetta-theband.com
          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Wish I had a job. A pagan gold style 2 would rock!
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
              I think the Charvel guys shot themselves in the foot with this particular model... There`s not many shredders/Metalheads/Guitarists in general who would jump on the fugly Strat headstock/Tele body vibe.
              I agree. It's not that the Tele is bad shape persay, it's just never as popular as the Strat shape with the group of folks (us) that buy these types of guitars.

I'd be surprised if the Strat to Tele ratio wasn't 20:1 or even higher.

Comment

Was in Gelb Music (Redwood City, CA) yesterday and they had the teles tagged at $649. I think they had the white and one other color that I don't remember. I know it wasn't the gold as I liked that color.

Oh and I'll add that they had the white SD1 and SoCal if anyone is interested, as well as many of the other colors. I stopped by because I got an email from them that from Nov 27-30th they're having all Fender brands including Charvel on sale at upto 50% off. If you're in the market you may want to contact them. Below is what they sent me.

Last edited by vondran; 11-24-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                  Was in Gelb Music (Redwood City, CA) yesterday and they had the teles tagged at $649. I think they had the white and one other color that I don't remember. I know it wasn't the gold as I liked that color.

Oh and I'll add that they had the white SD1 and SoCal if anyone is interested, as well as many of the other colors. I stopped by because I got an email from them that from Nov 27-30th they're having all Fender brands including Charvel on sale at upto 50% off. If you're in the market you may want to contact them.
                  Merry Christmas to me! Heck, the kids don't need more toys cluttering up the house anyway. Thanks Vondran, I'll try to get over and take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                    You damn right!

They should have had Style 1, SoCal, and a 1 Humbucker Model instead of the Style 2.

That way you wouldnt have all those Style 2s left on the shelf.

Just my thoughts.. sorry to offend the Style 2 brigade.
                    And that is why in 20 years the Tele will be more sought after than the overdone Strat. Who wanted a '59 LP flametop in 1959? So unpopular was it that Gibson shelved it for about a decade, until.......boom, the market exploded as Clapton and Page brought the LP back into popularity. Those guitars are rare and costly today, watch the Charvel Tele be today's '59 LP.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

So how many are you picking up, j.e.lee?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        wow.

the mistake here was the headstock, it needed a Tele headstock.

Yea for sure, put the tele headstock on and its a completely different game.

Comment

whats the price on the white so-cal? I just got my red one,and it's lonely. G.A.S!!

Comment

Can you cut a strathead into tele shape?
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

If any dealer sees this- I'll take a white SD2. PM Me

Comment

Working...
                              X