Custom Shop Metal Flake from TMZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Metal Flake from TMZ

Hi there, I understand a couple of years ago The Music Zoo ordered a handful of metal flake guitars from the custom shop, I believe all have been sold except one. I was curious if anybody on this board is the proud owner, or former proud owner of one of these. If so, what was your overall take on the guitar?

Unless somebody beats me to it, I am quite interested in the one that remains.

Charvel San Dimas Orange Metal Flake TMZ
    Charvel San Dimas Red Metal Flake TMZ
    Charvel San Dimas Green Metal Flake TMZ

I am not as interested in paying the listed price but perhaps there is some room for negotiation. Given the reputation of TMZ, I suspect that this guitar as nice as it was when it arrived quite some time ago.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Thomas

There are two still listed on their website - a green and gold. They also have a few custom Jacksons listed with metalflake finishes, too. Like most shops, I'm sure they'll deal on price. Good luck.

Comment

The gold one is pretty sweet.

Comment

the gold one is awesome!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I am in agreement regarding the Gold, but I am partial to the Green. A Silver Blue Burst would be outstanding as well. I also dig some of the vintage bridge Charvels TMZ has, but they all are 1 hum, and I am hoping for 2 hums for a bit more versatility.

I did post to the USA Charvel board to find out if there were any owners of the batch that were willing to share their experience.

I did find one former owner, he stated that the guitar was flawless; however the neck profile was on the thinner side, not to his liking. I am curious if there is a good reference for the specs on the neck profile for the production mods (which I am familiar with and immediately fell in love with). For this is the only charvel neck that I have experienced.

Unless otherwise specified, are the CS Strat necks of a thinner profile than the production mods? I spoke to a dealer when I bought my Sea Sick and he informed me that the production model necks were based on the Warren profile. However I am not sure if this is actually true. Thanks for the help, I never paid attention to this sort of detail in the past, but now I am finally growing up and trying to learn....slowly.

Comment

Working...
          X