Charvel San Dimas--Polar White w/chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel San Dimas--Polar White w/chrome

So which of you guys ended up with this one? Seen any for sale? This was the 4th batch from last spring I think and it's the only model denoted on the Charvel site as "sold out--check dealer stock". Scroll down towards the bottom and you'll see it: http://www.charvel.com/production_models.html

They did this one a little different with chrome hardware, cream rings and zebra pickups. Look great! I hope they do some future batches like this. Would love to see the same guitar in candy tangerine or candy plum.

I played a few So Cals and San Dimas Style 1s the other day and I was pretty impressed with the guitars themselves. I wasn't crazy about the finishes available at that store though. The Seasick Green was pretty cool but I like the white/chrome a lot better.

I think one or two guys grabbed one of these... but given the success of that color, there doesn't seem to be that many showing up in pics here.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, I'm coming round to the idea of chrome hardware. I think what some of the guys have done on here with some of the production models is awesome.

Comment

Hi Phil

I just picked up my Sea Sick green from Washington Music Center / Chuck Levin's (http://www.chucklevins.com/) in Maryland. The Sea Sick does look amazing (IMO) in person, and I do not mind the black hardware as much as I did in the pictures. I figured I would secure the color now and at some point make the hardware/pickup swap, but since this would be primarily aesthetic, I am cool with the black for the time being.

Chuck's does have a Polar White San Dimas Style 1 that you are looking for. They have 1 in stock. It happens to be the one on the floor. It is in good shape, nothing compared to a Guitar Center floor models, I just favored the Sea Sick and wanted a guitar fresh out of the box, if possible.

To the best of my knowledge this is the only one floating around still for sale. I have not come across another one. PM if you have any questions about my experience with Chuck's. Perhaps they can cut you a decent deal? Or at least send you pictures.

Comment

Thanks, thesparkeffect. Yeah, feel free to PM me about the guitar or Chucks. I've never dealt with them.

Comment

Check out the Production Model Appreciation thread for some pics from some of us. Also, I know there is one on the wall at World Music in Nashville, TN.

Comment

I got one when they were released. Love it! Always been a fan of white guitars & when I saw the pics of the white w/zebra pickups & chrome hardware just had to have it. Awsome guitar.

Comment

The white one's must be getting hard to find....I picked up one from my local guitar store over here in Oz when it was first released.
                I had to put it up for sale recently to fund some other gear and I had several guys from the States wanting to buy it even though with shipping it was going to cost more than the RRP.

Comment

Working...
                X