Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel Hot Rodding 101 (Mike Learn content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
    Hi Rudy,

Can I be so bold as to ask what Mike charged you for the graphic, and did he also clear coat the graphic afterwards?

Looks killer BTW
    Hi JediHalen;

I'm not sure if Mike would like me to post pricing or not so I'd rather you contact him directly. Thats what I did and he replied to my PM pretty quickly. I will say this, i thought his pricing was pretty reasonable as you are paying an artist for custom work. I thought it was pretty affordable and the graphic he did came out great!
    Yes, it is cleared afterwards Hope that helps.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Nice addition Rudy! That turned out awesome. I love to see people hot rod guitars like this and upgrade them with custom graphics.

Comment

I like it! nice job

Comment

Mike is great to work with, and his prices are very reasonable for the level of workmanship he provides. Mark me down as another one of Mike's happy customers.

I think I might have to pick up on of the black Charvel productions and send it off to Mike!
          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          Jackson SLATQH
          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
          Jackson DKMGT (project)
          Kramer Focus 1000
          Ibanez SDGR Bass
          Ovation Celebrity
          Martin Backpacker

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRocks View Post
            I think I might have to pick up on of the black Charvel productions and send it off to Mike!

Theres one in the classifieds fairly cheap right now.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99522

Comment

Looks sexy Roody. I would love to see that baby all lit up in the dark. The glow came out nice in that. I would imagine it will be a bitch to take a picture in the dark. Thanks for your business!!! I enjoyed working with you on it as I do with everyone I have met here. Great crew. We are going to be running a special very soon to help entice customers a bit.
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Great job, that looks sick!
                Jackson Adrian Smith Sig - ENGL Thunder - Orange

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
                  Looks sexy Roody. I would love to see that baby all lit up in the dark. The glow came out nice in that. I would imagine it will be a bitch to take a picture in the dark. Thanks for your business!!! I enjoyed working with you on it as I do with everyone I have met here. Great crew. We are going to be running a special very soon to help entice customers a bit.
                  Hi Mike;

I just found out that a friend of mine posted this on youtube. You've seen the most of the pix already, but my friend Bill Yekel (The Guitar Mechanic) who put this together and set it up for me made this little trailer. Well, my other friend who is a JCFer posted it on youtube Here is the link, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KevtRT_PCT0
                  Hope to see you out at NAMM again this year Mike. I'm sure I'll eventually pick up another Charvel and send it out to you for more graphic work, you did a killer job on this one
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

That turned out great...nice one!!!

Comment

Does it glow it the dark?

Comment

Right on Rudy. I am making my badge reservation tomorrow. See you there.

Shark,
                        It does glow quite well. Kind of lime green tint to it when it is glowing.
                        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Excellent Mike! I'll be at NAMM with my friend Bill who put it together and set it up. I'll be sure to introduce you guys. My band has a gig coming up on Dec 11th. I'm thinking of using this guitar a bit for it, also running my white Marshall Randy Rhoads amp. Who cares if I play badly, I can at least look good!
                          I will try to get some pix of it glowing soon. I need to set up my camera equipment for it first
                          Last edited by roodyrocker; 11-24-2009, 10:45 PM.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

That is badass!!

Comment

What i love about Mikes work is the "Depth"... yours looks like that skull
                              is actually 1 foot further inside the body! Awesome...congrats!

Comment

Excellent!

Mike, I still want you to do your magic on my old Charvel mutt. Currently cash-strapped, need to sell a kidney or something; no kids to sell into indentured servitude...but soooooooon!

Comment

Working...
                                X