No announcement yet.

USA Production Star!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you sit with it more in the classical position it works and feels like an extension of yourself, or at least that's how it is with my RL-600. I can't stand the typical strat position over your right leg, I even play my Charvel over my left. If you play a star like you do any axe, it's easy to see why you find it so uncomfortable.
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Yup. Stars are SUPER comfortable lap guitars.

Comment

I recently purchased a NOS Grover Jackson Legacy Series 1 Spiral Checkerboard and it rocks! Wasn't sure about the graphic but Lawrence did a great job. Pictures don't do it justice. The guys I jam with were floored when I showed up with it for the first time. I get more compliments on it. For me the neck is very comfortable and sitting is fine. Through my stock '74 1986 Marshall with no effects it really rocks the house! I'm happy!
        I play therefore I am

Comment

The Star is my favorite shape.I have a Custom Shop King V and I find it more awkward.The reverse headstock on the V makes it feel very long.Don't get me wrong I love the V but the Star is the shit!Own two of them and a Kramer Voyager...I'd love to have another one.

Comment

i never owned one but have played a few over the years, i have to agree
            the Star shape seem to be one of the most comfortable guitars to play especially sitting down... i'm guess they don't sell as well as some of the other shapes because it so closely associated with the whole ...80's Metal
            thing (which i dig ...but not everyone does)
            Last edited by 4koa; 04-28-2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

It's also very light - I feel that contributes to its resonance - also very stage friendly weight wise. The neck and its profile are what I was after. I have 2 original Japanese Killer Primes (Akira Takasaki - similar body styles) and they are much heavier. The Star really is really player friendly so to speak. The Killers are a different beast but I love them all the same!
              I play therefore I am

Comment

Working...
              X