USA Production Star!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironworker221 View Post
    Next years Wild Card model will be a Red Star with Maple or Ebony fretboard 1 Dimarzio Full Shred Pointy head with a Floyd Rose. I would even consider buying a "Hello Kitty" Star with the right opions on it.

Are you the same guy who said we'd get the Magenta trans (and was right?)
    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Next years Wild Card model will be a Red Star with Maple or Ebony fretboard 1 Dimarzio Full Shred Pointy head with a Floyd Rose.
      It'd be kind of impossible to get a DiMarzio Full Shred... that's the name of a Duncan model.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

X2N for you yougens

Comment

I'm not a "youngen" at 37. And I know all about the X2N, having used one for many years.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Next years Wild Card model will be a Red Star with Maple or Ebony fretboard 1 Dimarzio Full Shred Pointy head with a Floyd Rose.
            Like mine, but with brass v trem...

I might need another!

Since it's a Stars thread, here's a couple I made/am working on...

Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

You can always go the warmouth route too.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                Gotta remember - EVH's original was an Ibanez Destroyer that he took a sawzall to. Not exactly precision workmanship. Having said that, I've never cared for Stars, Explorers or Vs - a friend of mine had a V which I played for 5 minutes and hated it.

But you can play a star in a classical position or slap it across your knee. I Do like V's and find them comfy to play.

Comment

Stars and Vs are my favorite things to play sitting down.

...missionguitars1 that's one sexy white star. White guitars are so classy haha.
                  "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

I own 2 2005 models...love them.

Comment

They should make a roundhorn rhoads...

Comment

Gees....dealers were giving the 2005 production run of Stars away. I bought three for $500 each from a place in WI. I was going to glue a triangle chunk of wood in the crotch and make an Explorer, but ended up parting them out. It's kind of cool but just not a popular shape. If they were Explorer shape they would have been the-shit...waaay cooler and easier to play.

Comment

Links? I'd be interested in one with floyd and ebony fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                            If they were Explorer shape they would have been the-shit...waaay cooler and easier to play.
                            For me, the Star shape seems easier to play than either an explorer or a V shape. I guess it depends on what you're used to.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                              For me, the Star shape seems easier to play than either an explorer or a V shape. I guess it depends on what you're used to.
                              Try sitting down. Scarecrow elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                                Try sitting down. Scarecrow elbow.
                                I guess I'm not getting your point. I play the different body styles in the sitting position too. Since the top and bottom shape of the star and explorer are basically the same the only difference is the additional cutout on the star. For this reason, the Star gives seems to offer more options of different playing positions than either the explorer or v shapes.

Comment

Working...
                                X