• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whoa

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
      whoa
      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Itd be awsome If they make an all white with black hardware with a reverse headstock and HS pickup configuration. But what are the odds of that happening
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          You are not required to buy new hardware for a new guitar. However, if the guitar in question does not come with the hardware color, brand and/or model, and/or pickup color, brand and/or model you WANT, then the obvious course of action is for you to change it out yourself. What the fuck makes you so damn special that they need to re-release a model they've already put out but a different color hardware?

Go play another fucking brand.
          hey newc. go fuck yourself.
          you could say the same about ANY color you idiot. charvel already made a red guitar, so anyone that wants a red sd-1, should just "put a fucking pickgaurd on it!" fucking moron.

Comment

and just so were clear. they HAVE NOT put out a SNOW WHITE sd-1 or so cal. so they wouldn't be RE releasing anyting! stupid ass.

Comment

I have changed hardware and pickups on both of my production model Charvels. I have changed hardware and pickups on both of my real original San Dimas Charvels. I didn't have to. I wanted them exactly to my spec.

The polar white San Dimas 1 was the best selling and fastest to sell out of any of these Charvel models so far. If the color of it isn't quite right to you or the hardware is wrong, I hear you. But they only have to find 150-200 in the world who like them. I am just so use to modifying my guitars to exactly what I want. That to me is what Charvel is all about and always has been.

I understand not wanting to spend $1100 on a guitar and then having to change anything. BUt some of us are very picky. We'll take a perfectly acceptable color or color of hardware or pickup and change it. We'll sand laquer off of Fender necks and oil finish them. We'll route old LEs Paul Deluxes and put humbuckers in them. We'll take Fender strats and scallop the fretboards. We'll mod Marshall amps. We're all guitarists and if we're at the Charvel site it's because we dig a company that only ever came into existence because people didn't want something off the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by axe_calibur View Post
                and just so were clear. they HAVE NOT put out a SNOW WHITE sd-1 or so cal. so they wouldn't be RE releasing anyting! stupid ass.
                The first couple of Polar White SD-1's I saw were extremely white. Shortly after that, all the rest I saw were more of a white with cream color. Personally I preferred the more creamy white. It looked like an old Charvel to me, but this is why Charvel can never win with all of us at the same time.

Comment

that's my argument exactly chub. I don't know how he got that i'm too lazy to change the hardware color. my beef was THE GUITAR COLOR. I change hardware all the time. I have seven spare floyd roses in every color! I want them to put out a production SNOW WHITE model. I don't care if it's an sd-1 (i'll just screw a pickgaurd on it) or a so cal (yeah!), i'll change the hardware if it's not black. I LOVE tearing apart charvels and making them the way I like. I just can't PAINT THEM. so to make my point again.
                  "for fucks sake, please charvel, make a SNOW WHITE model with black (or whatever) hardware ! (my first post I goofed and said polar white for the color. I CORRECTED THIS! NEWC is too stupid to read posts before responding!
                  Last edited by axe_calibur; 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

matt (newc) is a well respected if somewhat outspoken member here...i think you should chill and take his words with a grain of salt...that being said...bitching or ranting about what you want won't necessarily get it for you...there are quite a few charvel/jackson employees on the boards and one attracts more bees with honey than vinegar...just a thought...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

wait a minute. Newc is an idiot?

why hasnt anyone told us this before?

you dudes need to cool your jets. newc is a pillar of our community. He may have just been saying those comments with humor intended. remember, sometimes the tone of a post gets lost because you cant hear or see the person talk, just read the words.

newc is a good dude boys. its all good.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Throughout history, you either paid extra to make a guitar exactly like you wanted it, whether by Custom Shop or aftermarket mods, or you accepted what was on the wall. That's not going to change this century, so get a black SoCal and have it painted whichever variation of white floats your boat.

That said, I'd wager that if they did do a White SoCal, it'd be a more consistent White than Polar.

And thanks for the kind words, fellas, but no, I'm truly being a dick here. If anyone's seriously too lazy to put out the extra money on a USA Production Charvel to turn it into exactly what they want, fuck off and stop bitching. And if you're paying full MSRP.......
                        Last edited by Newc; 09-22-2009, 09:16 PM.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

now I should "stop being lazy" and REPAINT the so cal? LOL! the name of this thread is "sixth batch speculation". not "paint your charvel your favorite color! all I asked for in the very begining was a snow white charvel. i'm putting my two cents in just like everybody else, on what "color" they would like to see. so how does that turn into dont be a cheap ass, go change the hardware and paint it another color? does anyone here not see my point? so what NEWC is saying to EVERYONE in this thread is "stop being a lazy cheap asshole, and make the guitar the way you like it YOURSELF. don't tell charvel, or the forum (even though it asked you what color you want) what color you want to see. do what highly praised NEWC said. WOW.
                          Last edited by axe_calibur; 09-22-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I would just say let's not fight about wanting a Charvel in a particular color or buying anything with the goal of painting it with it being right before they show the next colors. What you're looking for may be right around the corner. Maybe this time? Maybe three months from now?

Mike will let us all know soon and there will be 450-500 new Charvel owners soon after that.

Comment

There is one of the white promods on ebay that someone swamped to a black floyd. Looks like shit to me. The only thing that would have made the white one better(the color of white aside to not be pulled into the current fight) is all creme pickups, but that can't happen unless they switch the dimarzios into the style one.

Comment

what's the number or auction title?

Comment

Working...
                                X