Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I ordered this today...and I gonna like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Brian, I see you decided to go with a real custom instead of the Production series.
    She's a beaut for sure.

How's the Ibby snakeskin integrating within your collection?

I can see how 20 of the same styled guitar would get a bit monotonous after a while though.
    You gotta throw something different in there every once in a while.
    I'm sure the Charvel will fit that void nicely.

Chad
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Congrats on that one! I bought a MZ Natural about 16 months ago, fairly similar to yours but made out of mahogany with a Cool Rails in the neck and chrome hardware. I really like the guitar a lot, especially the neck profile. The only mod to mine was replacing the Custom 5 in the bridge with a Duncan Alnico II Pro.

I hope you'll really enjoy yours for a long time. They're great guitars.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I'd love to see Charvel doing a pro mod with that pick-up configuration. It's such a versatile set-up.

Comment

Nice score. I have a double hum magohany. Great guitars and great players!

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
            Hey Brian, I see you decided to go with a real custom instead of the Production series.
            She's a beaut for sure.

How's the Ibby snakeskin integrating within your collection?

I can see how 20 of the same styled guitar would get a bit monotonous after a while though.
            You gotta throw something different in there every once in a while.
            I'm sure the Charvel will fit that void nicely.

Chad
            Hey Chad...the snake is holding up great, play it quite often, thought not as often because of this Charvel...:-)

I keep wanting to swap out that duncan invader for a X2N, but I love the way it sounds, it is just ugly!

take care!
            Brian

Comment

$1400 ...that a great deal for a Koa body and figured maple neck
              Last edited by 4koa; 09-17-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4koa View Post
                $1400 ...that a great deal for a Koa body and figured maple neck
                The one I played last year this time was a koa with single zebra (nonstock) humbucker, and it was $1600, so I jumped on this one for $1400. Really like it, the more and more I play it, the more it grows on me

Comment

Originally posted by metalgod72 View Post
                  actually, I got it for $1400, and I love it, it was everything I was expecting, but being a bit of a Charvel Noob, at least vintage charvel Noob, I was anxious to try it out...

here is a gallery:
                  http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...Charvel%20Koa/
                  Man, I love your guitar!!!!! That birds eye just winks at ya there's so much of it! What a great score!

Comment

NO. your going to HATE that guitar. my address is....

Comment

what kind of clear coat do they use on these? I have a natural mahogany ibanez voyager that I want to put a protective coat on (it dings to easy).

Comment

unfinished "Birdseye" fretboard? Or sealed? Ive heard they can be picky
                        and prone to warping... keep it dry. and evenly temped if possible
                        I could be wrong, but i remember reading a thread as to why GMW always seals their birdseye boards..

Comment

Working...
                        X