Clandestine by Entombed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clandestine by Entombed!

I'm listening to Entombed's Clandestine. The first time I listened to the album was a bootlegged copy in 1992. I'm listening to it today and it still rocks! Any Entombed fans? I would love to know what amps/guitars they used to make that awesome album.
    Sam

Hell yeah - one of my favourite bands!
    I have no idea what amps they used for Clandestine though. Could've been anything really, as I think it sounds quite over-EQ'd. If the album notes don't say anything, I think your best bet would be to try and get in touch with the band directly to ask.

Comment

Love Entombed.

Ibanez x series, EMG pickups, Boss heavy metal pedal into a Peavey studio pro 40 watt.

Comment

I had that album bootlegged on a tape long time ago.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Entombed rocks
          My favorite album is To Ride,Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth

Comment

^ wow, really? After Left hand path and Clandestine, I thought they went downhill! I want to give that album a listen. They're now called what? ...hellacopters?

Entombed guitarists were taught riffs by Dismember. Or was it the other way around? If you listen to Dismember's 'like an everflowing stream' you can hear many riffs sound the same as Clandestine's/LHP.
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by EvilOdin View Post
              Love Entombed.

Ibanez x series, EMG pickups, Boss heavy metal pedal into a Peavey studio pro 40 watt.
              wow! you name specifics regarding the gear used. How did you get that info?
              Sam

Comment

*LOL* Entombed is very much alive and kicking. I personally think they found their style after Clandestine. My favourite album is Wolverine Blues. "To Ride..." is great as well, although not up there with WB.

After WB, Nicke Andersson left the band to pursue a pop career with The Hellacopters. There have been more departures since, and Entombed is now a one guitar band.

And yes, there is definitely a connection between Entombed and Dismember. Both bands were part of the same scene in Stockholm, and surfaced at the same time. It would make sense that they are in part influenced by each other.

Comment

Clandestine & Left Hand path are killer albums! True thrash relics, I like Clandestine more than LHP. I was lucky enough to see them in Virginia at Jaxx. That's an awesome club to see metal shows, really small and you can see bands up close. I got LHP signed like the fanboy I am AND the best deal I ever got on eBay, a signed promo band shot for 6 bucks. A club was going out of business and selling all their signed promo's. I'd bet the ranch their legit sigs

Some one on Youtube did and a killer video for Bitter Loss...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxemn43K2A

Live your life you're gonna die your own death
                  There's no one above that's gonna take your breath...
                  Last edited by Sharkfin; 08-15-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Awesome!
                    Sam

Comment

I have both those classic albums, but to be honest, they're not even close to stuff like Leprosy, Cause of Death, or Blessed Are The Sick.
                      They had one really amazing song though: "Crawl". Awesome song.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                        I have both those classic albums, but to be honest, they're not even close to stuff like Leprosy, Cause of Death, or Blessed Are The Sick.
                        They had one really amazing song though: "Crawl". Awesome song.
                        Just curious, you picked the second album from each of those 3 you listed. I was almost always partial to the debut of most bands, Obituary and Morbid Angel included, when they came out those were a huge influence to me and the band I was in back in the late 80's. I'll agree that Leprosy was Death's best album for me as well.

Also for Entombed, evilodin is right on about the EMGs and HM2, I always thought it was a Peavey Bandit though, but my memory may be off on that part.

David Blomqvist from Dismember and Nicke, Alex, Uffe and LG from Entombed were in Nihilist together so that's why they share a similar sound. If you want to hear that sound at it's best grab the Nihilist demos, I think they were re-released on Entombed's label a couple of years ago.

Comment

Clandestine is a great album. saw them on saturday afternoon at bloodstock festival, they were gooooood. the bass player who quit satyricon a little while ago is now playing for them, good stuff!

bring on the october amon amarth/entombed tour!
                          Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
                          Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
                          ISP Decimator Pedal
                          Sony Wireless Systems
                          Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

I love Left Hand Path and Clandestine!

Yes it is an HM2 into a Peavey Bandit... the sunlight studios sound!!

My band lifts some Entombed love every now and then, But for some awesome Entombed love, check out Trap Them!
                            Endorsing Artist:
                            ESP Basses
                            Mesa Boogie Amplification
                            EMG Pickups
                            D'Addario Strings
                            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                            Couch Straps
                            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by jcs21 View Post
                              Just curious, you picked the second album from each of those 3 you listed. .
                              Yeah, those were the first ones I listened to and got into from those three bands. Dunno why. "Blessed..." was the first death metal album I ever bought (on cassette too, idiot, man I wish I had that on vinyl just for the awesome cover art).
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X