Keith Urban......PC1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Urban......PC1?

This likely won't get much run here, but I saw Keith Urban last night....have an odd metal/country taste in my soul and Keith is pretty solid on the guitar.

Anyway, during one song, he put away all the Gibsons and Fenders and I could have sworn he broke out an au natural Jackson PC1. I was just a little too far away to make a positive ID but the finish, gold hardware, control layout, bridge, markerless fretboard and strat headstock and logo looked all too familiar to me.....at least from a distance.

Anyone heard of Keith playing a Jackson? I had read somewhere on web the the PC1 was gaining some favor among Nashville session players.

He also had this cool looking Fender senior master built cracked mirror tele that he had built because he was a fan of Paul Stanley's older version.

Here is a link to a photo.

http://blog.cmt.com/2009-07-07/what-...r-keith-urban/
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

the PC-1 has been favored by country guys for a while. MANY of the country guys around here play them. in fact, my decent local jackson dealer says that the pretty much only get orders for the PC-1 from country guys.....makes sense to me. i have two and they are great guitars for snappy, clean stuff.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Are there any famous hard rock or metal players that use PC-1s other than Phil?
      And by famous I mean famous, not some dude on Youtube.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
        Are there any famous hard rock or metal players that use PC-1s other than Phil?
        And by famous I mean famous, not some dude on Youtube.
        really? No YouTube players? Because I was going to say, if you want famous players using the PC1, I'm sure I saw an underexposed, slightly out of focus 23 second sweep video by TrevR0x1983. It was, like, totally awesome
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Do they use the sustainer at all in country music?
          I wounder if you can fake a steel guitar tone?
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Not the show I was at, a few days apart, but this is the guitar I was talking about in this video.

Solo at 2:10

PC1, yes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLLM2OnPJpk

Got to be some good exposure for the brand cause that dude has a stash of vintage/custom gear and can play anything he wants.
            Last edited by Larz; 07-17-2009, 08:54 PM.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

I thought you were crazy but that's not the case...definitely a PC1...good call. Is that an old WEM cabinet behind him?

Comment

I'm no expert but that looks like a Jackson logo on that strat head to me.

Comment

Well maybe Keiths trying to be different ,something outside the box , imagine Keith endorsing Jackson???? WTF !! That would be something a Country guitarist endorsing a guitar company renknowned moreso for rock & metal guitarists

I also think Keiths a great guitar player
                  I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

there have been quite a few country players on Jackson's endorsers list over the years. I'm not sure if any have been of Keith's profile though
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Speakin' of kick-ass country players. Didn't I see Brad Paisley with a Jackson/Charvel Telly?

Comment

That dude's married with Nicole Kidman. Gotta be doing things right.
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Well he uses Hiwatt heads and found an old WEM cab so he's definitaly outside the box with his gear selection.

And yeah that's a PC1 all the way. The extra sustainer switches are a dead giveaway. Notice he turned it on right before the solo.
                          Last edited by Bryan; 07-18-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlander View Post
                            Speakin' of kick-ass country players. Didn't I see Brad Paisley with a Jackson/Charvel Telly?
                            Paisley plays custom made Bill Crook Teles and Fender Teles, maybe the crooks teles he plays might be throwing you off as a Charvel tele especially with the graphics he has on the body and head disguising the crook logo??
                            I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

Working...
                            X