David Chastain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Chastain?

I've started revisting metal I listened to a lot when I was young, dumb, and full of...

Now I'm no longer young, but I do miss listening to Mystery of Illusion and Ruler of the Wasteland. Chastain was the first band with a female singer that I thought did metal right. He had such a different style at the time too. Tons of tremolo picked slides and really slippery legato runs. Kind of a haywire sense of pitch in his solos but that captured a lot of cool feeling because of it.

Mystery of Illusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_etxNXa1lg

Ruler of the Wasteland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_etxNXa1lg

I kind of stopped listening to him after these 2 albums. I don't know why. I think I started being dragged into the hair metal scene because I was the only guy in my group of friends into the shred type music.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

I have one of those albums and another one of his that I cant remember. David T was cool but unfortunately got lumped in the Mike Varney school of cloneism
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I really liked his albums, both solo and the CJSS albums; Zanister was just ok, for me. He has a great sense of melody and plays with a lot of fire. Very cool player.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Man give a listen to the song Thunder and Lighting..great player

Comment

weird I was gonna post on him today...hadn't heard the name in a while then watched on youtube..."leather" was his female singer and she was quite good, David has an interesting linear approach to his lead playing, always sounds like he is on the edge of losing it but never does. Really good Metal for the time.
          www.JerryRobison.com
          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Working...
          X