• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough Vinnie Moore here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHvD...eature=related

Kid had some fucking chops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bz9mRJP0Wk

1:39, some major Di Meola influence, but it sounds fantastic.

Vinnie never got enough credit IMO, he's big in the underground sense but he blows the hell out of someone like Satch any day of the week

As always, if anyone has any Vinnie encounters, post em' here.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

I've met Vinnie several times, usually at NAMM. Always a nice guy and definitely one of the best shredders. His first two albums are still two of my top favorite instrumental releases.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Amazing incredible player. I have two of his VHS instruction tapes, and everything he's put out except his work in UFO. I just haven't kept up with them w/o Schenker. Same with Deep Purple/Morse.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Big influence on me...got to open for him in the bay area in the 90's. Had a little fun with him playing one of his songs during our sound check...great guy. One of the few shredders that really has "feel", guess that's why I like him so. Not ready to get on my knees and felate him like Bill to Loomis...Oh who am i kidding
        Last edited by Partial @ Marshall; 07-10-2009, 04:49 PM.
        www.JerryRobison.com
        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Like PARTIAL stated, Vinnie is one of the few shredders that has "feel". I met him at a clinic in Worcester, Mass. when his first Shrapnel album was released. He was great - extremely humble. He actually handed out work sheets with excersices he used and recommended. Spent the whole time playing songs and fielding questions. Brushed away alot of the fan admiration and focused on things he couldn't do well (in his mind). Like I said very humble.

With that being said, I like everything he has done.....until this latest CD. I can't get into it. Anyone else heard it? Thoughts?

Comment

Saw Vinnie with UFO last month, they fucking rocked, as ever. He seems really comfortable in the band (so he fucking should be after this time!), he can definitely play all the Schenker stuff with feeling, not like a hired hand guitar hero. The new UFO LP is pretty damned good too.

I'd love to hear him do "Mystery Train"
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

He's great. He's one of those guys that makes you want to pick up tour guitar.
              "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Great phrasing like Greg Howe . Vinnie is the shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
                  Big influence on me...got to open for him in the bay area in the 90's. Had a little fun with him playing one of his songs during our sound check...great guy. One of the few shredders that really has "feel", guess that's why I like him so. Not ready to get on my knees and felate him like Bill to Loomis...Oh who am i kidding
                  I don't think I could even act like I'm a guitar player with Vinnie Moore in the same room. Let alone open for him. He seems like a cool dude though.

Vins great, I'm kind of bummed he always gets labeled as one of those "Shredder Shrapnel Guys". Vinnie's song writting is great and he has a very great style.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Id luv to learn the intro to Saved by a Miracle..great player

Comment

His song "The Maze" is quite a bit of fun to play.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I met him when he did a seminar at South Austin Music in Austin circa 1987-88. Very nice guy. He was on tour supporting Ibanez guitars, Laney amps, and a couple of other sponsors. He played his Ibanez Vinnie Moore model, a white guitar with blue speckles and a Floyd but no locking nut. This guitar had a DiMarzio Double Whammy pickup, which inspired me to buy one and I had it installed on my Kramer Focus 1000 by Chuck at Guitar Resurrection. I still have that guitar with that pickup in it.

Let me tell you, in real life he looked nothing like the pictures in the magazines. I honestly didn't even recognize him until he stepped up on the stage.

EDIT: I forgot this part. The seminar was out behind the store. They had a little wooden podium/stage set up for him and his gear and I was lucky enough to be on the very front. I stood maybe three feet from him while he shredded it up.
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Back in 1986 I dumped my Marshall head to buy a brand new Laney AOR 50 watt head because Vinnie Moore endorced Laney amps.

Comment

The Vinman is one of my fav's . I've been learning "the thinking Machine"
                            I love the whole "Maze" Cd as well as "Meltdown".
                            I haven't heard the new stuff yet, but I'm sure I'll find something on there I'll like.
                            he's been a huge influence to my playing.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I just bought his new CD - love it! A bit different, but the shred chops are still there. I think he's really progressed as a song writer, which a lot of shredders never have (think Yngwie). Also saw him open up for UFO back in the 90's - great show.
                              "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X