• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would give up both testicles.

To be able to "noodle" this good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsBw-...e=channel_page
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

pretty good. But can he sweep with his ass?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGH9b8iQG74
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Do you even have to ask?
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Paul Gilbert is such a silly ass..he looks like a fun guy. A local guy Billy Morris (Warrant) went to Korea and toured with him around '98 . He brought back alot of silly polaroids..involving boobies.

Jason is unreal. It's sad his gift was taken away right when he hooked up with Dave. I always wondered of the music we missed. It's amazing how upbeat he is, or seems to be in the interviews I've read since ALS. I know Marty was a friend of Jeff as well, but I think Jason was much more of an influence on him. Jeff took ALOT from him and admitted stealing alot from Jason. I know Greg Howe and Michael Lee Firkins are pretty close to him. I think Firkins played some Jason's compositions on Perspectives.

I think it's amazing he still composes music and has sex..that's awesome. I didn't pick up "Collection" because I have his stuff. But I think there's three new songs on it played by Vai, Satch, Howe and Firkins...from what I remember. So, I'll prolly gab it.

I prefer Jason's writing over Marty's. He had a much more agressive, flashier, looser style, and yet something like "Air". The one thing I LOVE about Marty is that he wears Uli's influence on his sleeve. More than any other guitarist ..except for Zeno Roth and Helge of Fair Warning. He took ALOT from Uli, but always gave him props. Like Nick mentioned before if it wasn't for Uli these guys would NOT be the players they are.

I want Nick to see this..I never seen any other guitarist in my life this cohesive and dynamic in his playing. Nick definitely has alot promise at 18 years old, because he set his standards of influence high. IMO, the bar can't possibly be any higher with the likes of Marty, Jason, Jeff, Gilbert, Yngwie and Uli. No matter how you slice it they're truly linked.

I was really blown away by this vid. I never witness a player that is this cohesive and in complete command of dynamics and touch as this guy. It inspired me to take something from this demonstration. Most of us are so fixed on hand positions, pick angles, and particulair pick sizes and gauges..this may change some of that.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlvCTXXZn20

Please refer to it when the subject comes up..like on that Jazz III thread for EX:.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

16 year old Jason at high school playing "Black Star"..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEAtk...eature=related

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah...there are some incredible players out there. Unbelievable fast, super sonic sweeps, etc.

But really....does it get any better than ULI?

Comment

Meh, the OP's clip does nothing for me. Just lots of sweeps. Anyone can play like that if they practice enough.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Meh, the OP's clip does nothing for me. Just lots of sweeps. Anyone can play like that if they practice enough.
                Anyone huh..

I can't..

Comment

You're not supposed to sweep with your pud! :ROTF:
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    You're not supposed to sweep with your pud! :ROTF:
                    Ow...Yeah, I know that! I tap with it tho..which is pretty common these days. The other day some kid at Guitar Center was slappin' away on bass, and nobody seemed to care..but I did. Then he started playin' some Maiden..and that's when things got kinda weird.

He was good..maybe too good.:think:

Comment

Nick, Dudes, Did you watch the Uli picking technique vid..?

Pretty cool huh?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Nick, Dudes, Did you watch the Uli picking technique vid..?

Pretty cool huh?
                        Yeah man. It was so surreal because a couple days ago I was testing different ways to pick stuff, and Uli gave some great insight. He really is a true genius. I can hear so much of where Marty, Vinnie Moore, and all those greats got their style from.

I need more Uli, I have none, I use to have his metro cd but I lost it.

Uli visits beckers house quite frequently.

Comment

Working...
                        X