Just realized something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just realized something...

This is probably old news to most of you...

Finally able to play all the rhythm parts and the first solo to "Tornado of Souls" at full speed, so I was playing along to Megadeth's 2008 live clips on YouTube.

And I realized... Mustaine is singing on top of playing THAT?! Holy s...t, that's insane.

Btw, for those who haven't seen it, this clip is awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0k8holIGTU

- Leo.

WOW, by far The BEST version of "Deth to date IMO!

That sounded absolutely amazing!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Congrats.
      A great Deth tune and equally tough to learn to play, especially the solo.
      The solo is killer.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I have great respect for anyone that can sing while they play a guitar even if their talent at one or both is lacking. I use the part of my brain that speaks when I play my guitar, I can't disconnect it to use for singing or talking so people that can pull it off amaze me.

And damn, Chris Broderick is getting Hulk sized lol. Dude needs to find something else to do in his downtime besides pumping iron.
        Last edited by Hellbat; 07-01-2009, 11:26 AM.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No shit..Chris was a dweeb-ish when I met him back in '98..WTF?!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I can barely listen to someone speaking to me when I play, let alone talk or sing while playing.

Also, when I play, I lose control of my bowels.

-------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

It took me a long time to sing backup vocals and play bass. It totally fucked me up..but eventually I got the hang of it. That's when I was imitating Michael Anthony. For the first couple months Michael Anthony (me) sang into a dummy mic. Finally, I was promoted to a real mic..yay.

Some guys are just naturals man..even if the can't sing well. That doesn't them. (Uli) but he was just a huge Jimi fan..Frank Marino was another one, but he sang great..and Ritche Kotzen can sing as well as he plays.

Comment

I find that I can only sing and play if I can play the part without thinking about it. So basically anything that's just strumming I'm good with. How Mustaine sings over any Megadeth song is beyond me.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Chang View Post
                  And I realized... Mustaine is singing on top of playing THAT?! Holy s...t, that's insane.
                  I honestly don't think Dave gets enough props for how good he is at that. Great clip!

Comment

that thing that chris did was awsome I am never able to do that I am so envious of people that can do that I remeber playing this song for my talent show in I believe 8th grade I fucked up the intro horribly
                    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Leo how far into the solo are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        I can barely listen to someone speaking to me when I play, let alone talk or sing while playing.

I'm the same way. I can sing along to a couple of old Metallica tunes while I play.... but not much else.
                        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Hey, dont hate me but i have this whole concert on my DVR, in High Def!
                          HD channel showed it 3 weeks ago... so i get to watch it over and over...
                          Hah! Im sooo spoiled.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                            Hey, dont hate me but i have this whole concert on my DVR, in High Def!
                            HD channel showed it 3 weeks ago... so i get to watch it over and over...
                            Hah! Im sooo spoiled.
                            You bastard!!

Chris Broderick smokes..I gotta buy this concert!!!

Comment

this line up is awesome , after watching this vid i had to watch all the rest . these guys are so tight nowadays! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ9v8...eature=related
                              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                              X