Yngwie Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
    +1 - I've spoken to him a few times at NAMM (usually at the Dean Markley booth) and he's always been cordial, loves to mug for photos, and wears the same lace-up black leather pants/cowboy boots/unbuttoned shirt/cop shades as he did 20+ years ago...only oddity I've ever had with him is he shakes hands with his left hand (as in "no one's allowed to touch my right hand") which I've seen him do with others as well...not sure what's up with that, I just chalk it up to him being a little "off" like his idol Blackmore...
    Could be an oddity. Could also be from the car accident before the Odessey album with Joe Lynn Turner. I remember him saying he thought his career was over and that it took him a long time to get his picking hand back up to speed. Who knows?!!

Comment

He used to be bad about pulling the "no show" thing. I've seen him three times, and when he's on he's on, and when he's off he's off. He really butchers some of his old stuff live. I mean, "Far Beyond the Sun" is supposed to go da-da-da-daaaaaa...da-da-da-daaaaaaa....not DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (as he twirls the guitar around his body and flicks his pick). All that being said, I'm a huge fan of his studio work and have almost everything he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
        Actully didn't he have a Schecter signiture guitar waaay before he endorsed Fender?

Yea, it was Schecter.. not Aria. My bad. He had it while he was working on the deal with Fender.

Comment

I met him right after he joined Alcatrazz at Cardi's in Beaumont,Texas.He came out of the crowd carrying his guitar like it was a shovel,jumped up on the stage and the whole crowd was like"Daaaaaaamn".After the show,we hung out and got drunk but he was alright.I think he was still a little unsure of himself(Hell,he wasn't but about 18,I think,but once he was onstage,hang on........
          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Man these are some cool stories.. Keep em' flowing'.
            Originally posted by horns666
            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              Yea, it was Schecter.. not Aria. My bad. He had it while he was working on the deal with Fender.
              He did play an Aria in Alcatrazz so you could be right...not sure if there was an endorsement deal in place though.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07gZRzjqRtE
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I saw him once at the Celebrity theatre in Phx, AZ in 92' i think?
                  Saxon opened... Fuckin killer! Then Lita Ford'' Love her!
                  Then Pumpkin Pie came out, and shredded his ass off! He was insane
                  that night, and imo only Saxon edged him out slightly. They just slayed
                  everyone that night. But my memory of Yngwie is a great one.
                  He was "on" that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                    I used to have this whole show on VHS as a 5th gen copy or something where the tracking started to go haywire on it from being worn out. Yngwie really had so much fire in the Alcatraz days.

The whole setlist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrH1b...x=0&playnext=1

He fucking KILLS on Hiroshima Mon Amour.
                    Last edited by Hellbat; 05-21-2009, 12:16 AM. Reason: superflous periods....
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      I used to have this whole show on VHS as a 5th gen copy or something where the tracking started to go haywire on it from being worn out. Yngwie really had so much fire in the Alcatraz days.

The whole setlist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrH1b...x=0&playnext=1

He fucking KILLS on Hiroshima Mon Amour.

I'll agree with that. Yngwie was so hungry back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...042C5C08E8FD00

That concert is phenomenal as well. It's funny, because Yngwie isn't my favorite player because of his songs/playing, but because his fire, attitude, drive, and inspiration he had back in the day.. Kinda odd, but whatever.

Comment

I saw this today, I thought I'd share.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=122404

We all know the famous story, but did we know the sweed pissed in a pitcher and poured it on the flight attendant that poured the water on him?

Pwnt.

Comment

I get the impression that Yngwie's a much cooler guy now that he's not living so much of the "rock star lifestyle." I'm sure he has his quirks, but WTF; that's a virtuoso for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                            I saw this today, I thought I'd share.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=122404

We all know the famous story, but did we know the sweed pissed in a pitcher and poured it on the flight attendant that poured the water on him?

Pwnt.
                            That was awesome!!! Kill kill kill!!

Comment

Seen him 3 times now - once with Dio as the main act, once just Yngwie and once with the G3 Tour.

I have seen him both "on" and "off."

There is no doubt he is very good. I get so tired of people bashing him on forums cause they are all just jealous pricks.

Can't say I like the "pussy kick" thing he does though.:ROTF:
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I played in a band that opened for him in 92 in Providence. The first thing we were told by his stage manager when we arrived, was no one from my band was to speak to anyone in Yngwie's band. We loaded in early that day and I got to watch Yngwie drink a gigantic bottle of whiskey throughout the afternoon and evening. We played to a packed house and I remember Joe Stump was standing in front of me while I was playing with his arms crossed in a typical "guitar player watching another guitar player at a show stance".

Anyway, Yngwie decided it would be fun to completely destroy his dressing room at the club by ripping the water heater off the wall and trashing anything else that was in the room. Then, after drinking all day he proceeded to get on stage and rip everyone faces off in the club. I've seen Yngwie a few times and this was the best. I couldn't believe how good he was considering how much he drank. Had it been me drinking all that whiskey I'd have been in the hospital. I mean, it must have been a half gallon bottle.

After the show, I was coming out of our dressing room and Yngwie was standing backstage with a bunch of female fans around him and he says "so who wants to suck my dick"?

Niiccceee.
                                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                                X