Suggestions accepted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions accepted!

Afer going thru that stickied thread of "pussified" bands last night till 2:30am, I have had most of those bands CD/cassettes in my players at some time during the '80s. Loved looking thru that and remembering the names & songs.

I particulary liked:
    Dangerous Toys
    Little Ceasar
    Junkyard
    Britny Fox
    Southgang
    Roxx Gang
    LA Guns

They all, to me, had that same gritty raw sound, perhaps cashing in on the Guns 'n Roes vibe, but they still had that party/c*ck rock kinda sound.

So my question to all is this:
    Is there anyone out there currently that has this kinda sound that you could turn me onto? :think:

I have spent countless hours going thru myspace pages to listen to a band and ended up disappointed.

Just give me some names or songs, that would capture that vibe.

Thanks!

I saw Doro Pesch in Atlanta back in 4/2008. My friends band, Halcyon Way were in the opening slot that night. But after them was Fatal Smile. These fuckers kicked ass. Sleazy, dirty rock and roll. Here is their website:

http://www.fatalsmile.com/

And here I am with them after their set:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Sweden has tons of bands which would fit into that category... I'm sure some of them are in myspace too.... take some time time and go through them all until you find those which you really like

my favorite is Hardcore Superstar... very gritty... but maybe too heavy as they use Thrash elements too
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Jekyll & Hyde

Here's another of those Swedish bands, Jekyll N Hyde, with that same kind of vibe.

Pretty good stuff. Check out the song Peace Child in particular.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=450918687
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Nothin beats that sleazy swagger sound.. I loved that stuff and am also on the lookout for some bands that are doing that so I will be watching this thread for suggestions as well.

One band you may be interested in, that comes pretty close to that style but with some modern overtones is Black Stone Cherry. They are my current favorite "modern" band that's out there right now.

http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry

I especially like thier self titled debut album.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
            Nothin beats that sleazy swagger sound.. I loved that stuff and am also on the lookout for some bands that are doing that so I will be watching this thread for suggestions as well.

One band you may be interested in, that comes pretty close to that style but with some modern overtones is Black Stone Cherry. They are my current favorite "modern" band that's out there right now.

http://www.myspace.com/blackstonecherry

I especially like thier self titled debut album.
            Funny you mention Black Stone Cherry.

As that is my last name, Blackstone, LOL!

Will check back after listening to these suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
              Funny you mention Black Stone Cherry.

As that is my last name, Blackstone, LOL!

Will check back after listening to these suggestions!
              WoW!! Then you should really like them..
              Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

fucking myspace... I think the best way to find the bands would be clicking on "music" on top bar... then going to "top artists" and then selecting Sweden as country and Glam as style (or trying something else... rock, metal etc.)... but seems like that function as some errors right now
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                X