Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Crowes best rock and roll band of the last 20 years thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Crowes best rock and roll band of the last 20 years thread.

Their first album had a lot of stones in it, maybe too much, but everyone after it has been all theirs. This band makes such great music. Am I alone here? If so, let me turn you on to the best songwriters of "rock and roll" in the the last 20 years my friends.

awesome album release party for the Amorica album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2rCT...om=PL&index=20

remedy-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qD72NCJSkk

lickin'- great guitar work-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arU46YyLSP0
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

I first one was great and you are right about the stones. I think Rich was in a Keef faze then. I saw them at the Basement on that tour and Rich even did a version of Happy. Southern Harmony is my favorite. You could hear hints of so many influence in there, but in the end it came out so original. I cant say there is one song in particular that I like on it the most but I always love hearing Black Moon Creeping.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      This band makes such great music. Am I alone here?
      Nope you are not alone, I love em. They have just the right amount of soul, and I love the singers voice and attitude. Remedy is such an awesome song!

Comment

Love em

I am a huge fan of The 'Crowes I think they are the best true R&R band since Led Zep. Sometimes Salvation gives me chills every time I hear it and the whole Amorica album is pure genius. Always worth checking them out when they are in town. they sound much better live than in concert. this is music you can feel not just hear.
        http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

I like the Black Crowes, but after a while they seemed pretty repetative to me - I hade Shake Your... and the 2nd one, and they just got so played out for me in 90-92 that I tuned out. I also couldn't keep up with whether they broke up or not.

The guitar playing brother (Rich?) put out an album late 90's early 00's that I really dug the crap out - really great guitar, cool songs. Unfortuneately it was stolen out of my car, so I no longer have it - but it was righteous!

Still have a bunch of BC on my ipod and usually put it on when the wife is in the car with me - that's why I keep the Stones, Pearl Jam, Black Crowes and the Dead on my iPod.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Doesn't this make you happy??? I bust at the seams every time-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWuSr...eature=related

Comment

As ridiculously great as Southern Harmony and Musical Companion was, I gotta go with Amorica for my favorite album. It got me through rehab once and i'll never be able to pay them back for that.
              3 Snakes and one charm was awesome, they're all tremendous.
              Can you believe Rich Robinson has always been sober from the get go?
              How do you pull that one off?-lol

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                Can you believe Rich Robinson has always been sober from the get go?
                How do you pull that one off?-lol
                Did not know that - but I assume you could probably just get a proximity high off of Chris!
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

he, like myself, could take a piss test ten years from now and fail it-lol

Comment

Southern Harmony and Amorica for me. They lost me after that, but those two albums get a regular spin around here. Wiser Time is hauntingly beautiful. Great band.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

great band, great songs, boring as SHIT live. G/f and i actually left halfway thru their show last year.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

They awesome! I've got their Sho' Nuff 5-disc box set and just burned it on my Windows Media library.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Love 'em live, last time I saw them was at the Fonda theatre in hollywood.
                          it was riveting. Saw the Amorica tour at the Pantages theatre as well, holy shit was it groovin'.

Comment

no comment.

Comment

Working...
                            X