Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chickenfoot sounding pretty heavy and great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickenfoot sounding pretty heavy and great!

http://www.chickenfoot.us/cfplayer.html Start with "down the drain"..
    Like Dream Theatre meets Led Zep!

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
    http://www.chickenfoot.us/cfplayer.html Start with "down the drain"..
    Like Dream Theatre meets Led Zep!
    ??????????? :think:

sounds more like Sammy Hagar singing with ZZ Top
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Was on the myspace for them, they sound REALLY good.

Can't wait to see the finished products!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        ??????????? :think:

sounds more like Sammy Hagar singing with ZZ Top
        ** cant beat that!

Comment

I've heard Down the Drain a few times on the radio, and I was pleasantly surprised at Satch's raw dirty tone on that track. Here's hoping the rest of the album is that good!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the CD, like what I hear.
            "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

No thanks. Not much better than Mas Tequilla. Oooh oooh rock em sock em put a lock on em

Comment

Sounds good to me. If a little dated.
                More Van Halen-ish than I expected.

Fun. Has a good hook. It's been a while since the songs have sounded like they are having fun making them.

I'll pick it up when they release it.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                  This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I'll buy it!
                    "POOP"

Comment

I'm going to have to agree on it sounding a bit dated.. Satch's tone is terrible imo..
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

It seems to have a fun vibe to it. I'll pre-order the disc soon. It's a nice change to hear something that doesn't sound all angry, bitter and angst-y.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I don't get it. The great majority of us on here are "dated", and like "dated" music. I guess a bunch of us old "dated" fuckers will have spend our retirement allowance to support a straight up rock album for once. I guess the same ones say Black Ice sounds "dated" too, but seems like all these "dated" people help AC/DC sell out everywhere.

Nothing else I've heard so far this year has made me want to buy an album, but I dig that "dated" sounding shit. Beats the hell out of 99% of the other crap being marketed out there by the music business.

And I'll say it again, Satch's tone is nasty, dirty, kick ass sounding. Wouldn't have expected it from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                            I don't get it. The great majority of us on here are "dated", and like "dated" music. I guess a bunch of us old "dated" fuckers will have spend our retirement allowance to support a straight up rock album for once. I guess the same ones say Black Ice sounds "dated" too, but seems like all these "dated" people help AC/DC sell out everywhere.

Nothing else I've heard so far this year has made me want to buy an album, but I dig that "dated" sounding shit. Beats the hell out of 99% of the other crap being marketed out there by the music business.

And I'll say it again, Satch's tone is nasty, dirty, kick ass sounding. Wouldn't have expected it from him.
                            *Yep, they make fun of 80's metal on 98 KUPD all the time, but im
                            waiting to see where Trivium, Lamb of God, and others will be 10 years
                            from now! Guess where? Forgotten. Look at the staying power of
                            Aerosmith...Journey... Whitesnake.. etc.
                            Its who still sells out concerts 25 years later imo.. 98% of todays
                            music will be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I didn't say there was anything wrong with something being dated, but when I listen to that tune It sounds like a 90's "rock" band trying to re-do a typical Van Halen song. If you were to take a look at my albums, you'd find that 3/4th of them are probably older then my, so they are definitely dated.. Sebastian Bach's album sounds great IMO and not necessarily dated.

I'm just not digging this, but that doesn't mean it's a bad song or will be a bad album. Just not my thing, kind of boring, IMO.

I've always thought of Satch's tone to be really bland and weak, but that's just my opinion.
                              Originally posted by horns666
                              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                              X