No announcement yet.

Metallica or Megadeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF..All That Remains covered Nevermore's "Beleive in Nothing" !! I swear if their gay cover becomes a hit, I'm gonna shit a light brown Fiat!!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoocD4azd0
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• We wanna get high http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnapx502uQ

We wanna get laid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniY0pDQGaE

We want to be metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxUm1hzYWCA

We are just gay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoocD4azd0
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Ohhhhhh I fucked up. I actually like All That Remains. I was confused with of these silly band names. I though t it was As I Lay Dying or some shit..one of those fag wannabe metal bands..:think:

ATR covered NM..Not AILD..OK, that's better..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• BRAVO!!!!

It's weird they would even cover that song. You certainly can't compare the two. Look at those stupid comments. "I like ATR version better"...DUH!!! It's not their FUCKING song. That's like me slappin' like Flea in Maiden's Wrathchild..Oh, I just made it better...NOT!

That would prolly be cool tho.

Comment

• Death Magnetic = Shit

Megadeth = Alright

I only like Metallica for songs like Creeping Death (Although I prefer Bullet for My Valentines cover) and Sanitarium (Again I prefer Bullet for my Valentines cover) I prefer the covers because I really hate rushed lyrics, I find Megadeth alright but I hate DM's Ego while MF is alot cooler in my opinion (He doesn't cry over losing one of the contract benefits)
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              WTF..All That Remains covered Nevermore's "Beleive in Nothing" !! I swear if their gay cover becomes a hit, I'm gonna shit a light brown Fiat!!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOoocD4azd0
              As did Firewind.

Fuppin hell!
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Dred View Post
                As did Firewind.

Fuppin hell!
                Firewirnd covered NM's BIN TOO!! You got to be fuggin' kidding me. Did you know that in 2000 NM put in the $$ and effort to make a BIN radio edit and video in hope to break thru. That song should be on the radion in constant rotation..people would love that song. Instead at that time radio was only interested in NU/Rap "metal" bullshit. NM and Century Media should promote that song again..get in on the fuggin' air. Did you know the guys told me they actually "sold out" with that song, and they would never do that again. Now these lesser, but yet still decent bands are getting more exposure with that song than they are. Then saying they like the dummied down cover version sbetter...This confirms humans are truly radio, media zombies willing to consume on whatever fuggin' crap that is fed to them.

BTW Bullet for my Valentine is just another trendy Tween-metal. Their fans know the name or lyrics to Jonas Bros or Coldplay songs. Just another insignificant paint by numbers, cookie cutter piece of shit. Nothing more than today's Disturbed, Linkin Park, or Korn ect. If you don't believe me like some JCF member have before years ago..Time will only prove me right..it always does.

BFMV is music for tweens to suggadick to..it's gayer than gay!

Comment

Firewirnd covered NM's BIN TOO!! You got to be fuggin' kidding me. Did you know that in 2000 NM put in the $$ and effort to make a BIN radio edit and video in hope to break thru. That song should be on the radion in constant rotation..people would love that song. Instead at that time radio was only interested in NU/Rap "metal" bullshit. NM and Century Media should promote that song again..get in on the fuggin' air. Did you know the guys told me they actually "sold out" with that song, and they would never do that again. Now these lesser, but yet still decent bands are getting more exposure with that song than they are. Then saying they like the dummied down cover version sbetter...This confirms humans are truly radio, media zombies willing to consume on whatever fuggin' crap that is fed to them.

BTW Bullet for my Valentine is just another trendy Tween-metal. Their fans know the name or lyrics to Jonas Bros or Coldplay songs. Just another insignificant paint by numbers, cookie cutter piece of shit. Nothing more than today's Disturbed, Linkin Park, or Korn ect. If you don't believe me like some JCF member have before years ago..Time will only prove me right..it always does.

nailed it my friend xD
                  Own:
                  '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                  w/e catches my eyes ATM
                  More '90 Professionals

Comment

• im going with metallica, but only by a little. and justice for all and rust in peace are my favorite metal albums ever, but i do have to say, dave has been more consistent in the good album territory.

Comment

• fuck both metallica and megadeth. WHAM! is where it's at....

"wham, bam, i am a man!!"

come on bill, fill in the rest!!!! (waving my hands in the air, wearing a neon yellow t-shirt that says "GO-GO" on it)
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Firewind covered Maniac from Flashdance too. They are the shiznit!

I don't see this as a bad thing. Folks that dig Firewind or All That Remain's cover of BIN check out the band that created the song, creating more buzz about NM, just as Nevermore fans have been doing for years with Simon & Garfunkel.

True music fans will always return to the source. Sometimes you need something more easily digested to turn them on in the first place. Metallica was a gateway band for a hell of a lot of young metalheads. They dig Metallica, look into some of the other bands in the genre (the bands Metallica hangs out with or whose songs they are covering) & dig themselves deeper & deeper into the metal. Those who don't move on or progress can stay where they are, they were never going to like the original anyway.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

• Of course we all know Slayer is better than both
                          www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                          the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                            Death Magnetic = Shit

Megadeth = Alright

I only like Metallica for songs like Creeping Death (Although I prefer Bullet for My Valentines cover) and Sanitarium (Again I prefer Bullet for my Valentines cover) I prefer the covers because I really hate rushed lyrics, I find Megadeth alright but I hate DM's Ego while MF is alot cooler in my opinion (He doesn't cry over losing one of the contract benefits)
                            Hey Mazz, welcome bro. My comment wasn't directed at you. You don't know me yet, but I'm an old school Heavy Metal purist..or elitist. I constantly say the same thing about bands like BFMV to my 14 year old son and friends within' my circles. Nothing wrong with enjoying any band..by all means. But old guys like me are a neccessary evil to true Heavy Metal. Metal wouldn't exist without legions of assholes like me. People love the more popular bands simply because they are heavily promoted compared to others. Sure they write "Catchy" songs with hooks just as many bands do. What makes those hooks stick is steady promotion and constant rotation. Mainstream bands put more priority on image than actual talent. That hasn't changed since Pat Boone covered Little Richard songs to make it "safe" to listen to a black guy in the 50's...but it really paled cpmpared to the real deal. It's watered down for easy consumption and it works ..

Whenever my son or his friends show me what new pop "Metal" band. I listen and then show them where those riffs, hooks, formula came from. Bands like As I Lay Dying, BFMV, or umm..Killswitch is nothing more than a mix of early 90's New Wave of Swedish Death Thrash of the early 90's such as At The Gates, Entombed, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, and late 90's American Nu Metal. Nu Metal went down with me as bad as the Nu Coke. "NU" emphasized on image, dummied down formulas sans solos. That is the antithesis of what a shred/metal enthusiast is all about.

I'm a die-hard shredder. I listen to bands that keep pushing the envelope of virtuocity for my own personal inspiration. Now today's pop rock bands are a major improvement when rock/metal was non-exist in the ebonic mainstream, and it put guitars in the hands of kids that used to scratch records while making fart noises in their hands. So naturally I connect with bands that have the old school swedish elements married with the crap called American NU metal..well, because there's actually "metal" and decent guitar tones in this stuff, and they do have the occassional cool riff. Once my kid was upstairs doing some killer sounding riff with his Line 6. I asked WTF is that..? "That's Trivium Dad"..hmmm sounded good.

OH He always plays a BFMV riff too..I hear him doing it constantly. It's a pretty cool movement with a touch a slap delay.

I wrote so much on this subject on this forum for years..It's prolly a couple of books if I compiled all of it.

BTW..I like Firewind and Gus G, I KNOW he's a huge fan of Jeff Loomis as many players are these days. I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition. But the stupidity clueless fanboys says make me sick. Nevermore wrote Believe in Nothing when Limp Bizkit/Korn was at their peak. It's a chemistry of Loomis and Dane much like Page and Plant. That band and song has alot of meaning to me. It's cool bands are doing a tribute. But I've yet to hear anyone in 40 years do a better version of Stairway to Heaven, and we never will.

The ONLY cover I ever heard that I think is better than the opriginal is already 31 years old. VH's You Really Got Me. But Ed changed eveything for most of us then, and why I play guitar.

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              Firewind covered Maniac from Flashdance too. They are the shiznit!

I don't see this as a bad thing. Folks that dig Firewind or All That Remain's cover of BIN check out the band that created the song, creating more buzz about NM, just as Nevermore fans have been doing for years with Simon & Garfunkel.

True music fans will always return to the source. Sometimes you need something more easily digested to turn them on in the first place. Metallica was a gateway band for a hell of a lot of young metalheads. They dig Metallica, look into some of the other bands in the genre (the bands Metallica hangs out with or whose songs they are covering) & dig themselves deeper & deeper into the metal. Those who don't move on or progress can stay where they are, they were never going to like the original anyway.
                              That's true Gary..very good point man!! Maybe these bands are doing this because they also think NM is overdue for exposure. They were the future of metal when the came out and the best metal bands in existence today..IMO.

Remember Warrel kept saying years ago "Our goal is to bring back the guitar solo". He said that in about every interview about 10 years ago..Mission accomplished. Maybe thy won't get the credit for that but they did inspire the players that made that happen. Alot of popul;ar player have been giving Jeef/NM props fopr years..Lamb Of God, Killswitch Engaged, Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, Trivium ect have ALL hailed Jeff the king of shred. I cancelled my sub to Guitar World about 5 years ago..so they've been saying this for a while obviously. Now, ATR and FW doing a cover of the same song I always felt should have been on the radio..weird! They could have covered any song. The other radio friendly NM song of the same release is The Heart Collector. Watch 'em do that one now..

BTW Firewind is by far the better cover. Well Gus G is a talented motherfucker that prolly could be a secondary player in NM. Maybe that's what he wants to do..like he did with Arch Enemy. He had problems with AE songs and they're not as complex as NM..so I dunno.

Comment

• BTW Megadeth could cover Nevermore's, BIN. Chris Broderick knows that song better than any player other than Jeff. I'd like to hear Kirk try it...yeah right!!!:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X