Brian Setzer as you never saw him before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Setzer as you never saw him before

In the mid Eighties when the Stray cats had "run out of Gas" Brian Setzer decided to change his whole image and sound. He ditched his Gretsch guitars for Telecasters and got a band together which actually included a second guitarist. (shock, horror)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6KE7VGNmNU

It was a world apart from the raw rockabilly sound he pioneered with the Stray cats but as this footage of Setzer and his band performing a Stray cats classic shows, no less rocking...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTGE3A_H5A

He's a badass picker. I really like the "big band" stuff he did a few years ago.
    "POOP"

Comment

Nice. Time to go back to the woodshed.

Comment

got to give that guy credit. He is one hell of a picker, and that dude just dont stp. he kept on keepin on. and he finally struck gold with that ochestra bit. he is successful now and doing well. Good for him!
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The orchestra bit cost a lot to produce and take on the road. Its not like he wasn't successful with the Stray Cats. He has had a long career. He loves what he does and is very good at it. Very nice guy too.

Comment

Awesome player and super cool guy as well. One of my favorites to listen to.

Comment

That guy is awesome. I use to have his guitar licks video, me and my other guitar player watched on night after rehearsal.Neither of us spoke a word until it was over. We were a bit taken. Brian makes everything look so easy.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Yup my foot is still tapping after watching that. Ha ha
                "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                Zakk Wylde

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                  That guy is awesome. I use to have his guitar licks video, me and my other guitar player watched on night after rehearsal.Neither of us spoke a word until it was over. We were a bit taken. Brian makes everything look so easy.
                  Yeah, I've had (and still have) that video for years. An awesome tool it is. He sure knows his modes and scales and how each of them tie together. I love the way he can mix Jazz, Rock and Country and take a famous straight forward lick and change it to make it more interesting and colorful.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

good player but that first song is unlistenably bad
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                      Yeah, I've had (and still have) that video for years. An awesome tool it is. He sure knows his modes and scales and how each of them tie together. I love the way he can mix Jazz, Rock and Country and take a famous straight forward lick and change it to make it more interesting and colorful.
                      I have to get that again. Haven't found a torrent for it in a long time.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I really dig Brian. He's such a monster of a guitarist. Wish he got more credit than he gets. Both he AND Neil Giraldo.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                        X