Dave Murray's strat with Rosewood board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Murray's strat with Rosewood board

Ok - I'm watching Live After Death. What's the chronology of Dave's black strat - when did it have a maple neck on it and when did he switch to the rosewood neck?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

I know his one with the maple neck was stolen in brazil.

Comment

You do know he owns more than one black Fender Strat, right? One's a '57 and the other is a '64.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        You do know he owns more than one black Fender Strat, right? One's a '57 and the other is a '64.
        WHAT???!!!

Oh... well, I guess that answers that question. I thought it was just the one. Hmmm.
        Blank yo!

Comment

The one with the rosewood board had also been modified with the Kahler trem, then I believe it was changed back to its vintage trem.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            The one with the rosewood board had also been modified with the Kahler trem, then I believe it was changed back to its vintage trem.
            That I saw - I was figuring maybe he swapped the neck at the same time he put the Kahler on... Thought maybe he did the ol' sawdust and glue trick like Gilmour to fill the hole.
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman1234 View Post
              I know his one with the maple neck was stolen in brazil.
              i heard it was retired and residing in a glass display case at his house in hawaii....the paul kossoff '57.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                i heard it was retired and residing in a glass display case at his house in hawaii....the paul kossoff '57.
                That's what I heard, it's at home with his mom. I've not heard anything about any of his guitars being stolen, but I believe Adrian's Jackson was stolen in Greece or something.

Comment

Working...
                X