speaking of jeff beck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of jeff beck...

saw him in a movie called "rock prophecies". it's a documentary about rock photographer robert knight. he photographed hendrix, beck, zep, gnr, srv (he was the only photographer allowed at what was SRV's last concert). it's playing at a film festival in dallas.

...anyway, there's a beck interview, shot in beck's attic. he's sitting on a couch, plunking away on a gretch. you can see a rack of 10 or so guitars, and you can clearly see the tina turner soloist and the orange soloist as well! i'm almost shocked he still has them, considering how he wasn't very complimentary toward them in later interviews. anyway, he takes the tina soloist out and he tells a brief story about how she signed her name in the guitar.

really great movie, watch for it.

http://www.rockprophecies.com/
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

When was his segment filmed? He was playing Gretsch Duo Jets when he did his Cliff Gallup tribute (Crazy Legs) back in '92.

Comment

I love those f'n guitars. Wish JB would break them out again for some live performances.

I'll try to look out for the movie - sounds pretty cool - but doesn't seem to be scheduled for my area.

Comment

the movie was filmed over the past few years, so it's pretty recent. the movie is doing the festival circuit at the moment, so i think the best chance would be dvd. it was so cool to see.

i spoke with the director of the film about that part; being a huge fan of his jacksons, it was a great thrill to not only learn that he still has them, but to see them featured was pretty kickass,.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Speaking of Jeff Beck... I saw him play live last night at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions here in Cleveland. It was pretty cool, especially when Page jammed with him for a song. The closing song/jam (Train Kept a Rolling) was pretty interesting too with Beck, Page, Ronnie Wood, Joe Perry and Flea joining all of Metallica, including Jason Newsted. Doubt I'll ever see a line up like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
            Speaking of Jeff Beck... I saw him play live last night at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions here in Cleveland. It was pretty cool, especially when Page jammed with him for a song. The closing song/jam (Train Kept a Rolling) was pretty interesting too with Beck, Page, Ronnie Wood, Joe Perry and Flea joining all of Metallica, including Jason Newsted. Doubt I'll ever see a line up like that again.
            Jeff Beck/Jimmy Page play "Beck's Bolero/Immigrant Song" at R 'n R Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcVHtz56Psk

Comment

Saw Jeff Beck last night in NYC. An amazing set indeed. I did not move, nor blink from my vantage point. Then got to meet Jeff Beck and Tal Wilkenfeld. Tal is this sweet little 22 year-old with amazing bass skills.

I must say I was speechless (initially) to meet Jeff Beck. Real nice guy. He reached out and shook MY hand. When it come to musicians I try to not shake their hands. Some are 'weird' about it. Jeff, as he told me to call him, spoke about the plans of a studio recording with the same live lineup currently on tour and on the live CD, DVD & BluRay that just came out.

Also, met Brad Whitford from Aerosmith. My buddy was (sort of) freaking and asking him all sorts of early Aero questions. I had to butt in and tell him to leave Brad alone about that stuff. Brad didn't mind but I know those rockers get asked that all the time. We talked about kids and family. Really cool people. And a great night. If any of you JCF'ers can catch this tour please do.

Comment

Holy shit. Just got back from Jeff Beck in Boston. Great show. The guy is a genius, in my opinion.

Joe Perry watched the whole show. I'm sure we'll be hearing some Beck licks on the next Desmond Child penned Aerosmith single title, "Crazy, Crying , Amazing Angel."

Comment

Working...
                X