The funniest interviews with rock bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The funniest interviews with rock bands

Every so now and then, when a rockband is interviewed on Prime time TV you know it's gonna be gold with them appearing.

Such was the case when Russel Harty had the Who over back in 1973. If the interview starts with Pete pushing over his Hiwatt amplifier then you know it's gonna be anarchy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRxlDd0I0Q

Speaking of Anarchy, the Sex Pistols interview on the Bill Grundy show is legendary but it was with Johnny Rotten's next band Public Image Ltd that bad behavior on prime time TV interviews got stepped up a notch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEeFXGT7-A

Another classic, Kiss appeared on the Tom Snyder show and guitarist Ace Frehley had a little too much to drink...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jzve-Tmd70

I've always been a huge fan of the Kiss interview because Ace is the funniest rockstar ever

but nothing tops The Who's performance... Keith is just fucking awesome!!!!! the best absurdity ever.

too bad they don't show what that douche with the fro said to Rotten but Wobble definitely had the longest beep I've ever heard
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      too bad they don't show what that douche with the fro said to Rotten but Wobble definitely had the longest beep I've ever heard
      here's your answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cu0q9mPmA

Lydon and Wobble had a really good reason to be behaving the way they did.

Comment

That KISS one is priceless. Gene couldn't look anymore pissed if he took off the makeup and painted a giant frown on his face. Even Paul looks upset. When those two lose the spotlight they don't like it. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD View Post
          That KISS one is priceless. Gene couldn't look anymore pissed if he took off the makeup and painted a giant frown on his face. Even Paul looks upset. When those two lose the spotlight they don't like it. :ROTF:
          To quote Gene from a recent interview. "It was arranged that during interviews and during shows it would be Paul who would do the talking because he has the best 'addressing-an-audience-voice' you certainly couldn't have me doing the talking during a show (adopts a gruffy gangster kind of voice) 'How ye doin'!' "

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
            To quote Gene from a recent interview. "It was arranged that during interviews and during shows it would be Paul who would do the talking because he has the best 'addressing-an-audience-voice' you certainly couldn't have me doing the talking during a show (adopts a gruffy gangster kind of voice) 'How ye doin'!' "
            Gene and Paul were boring as shit and totally jealous when Ace and Peter spoke. When they came back from break Schneider introduces them as Peter, Paul, George and Ace. ....they were all laughing except Gene. I wonder why. Perhaps no one even cared that he was there.

Comment

I always like a jem from Pantera back in 93 or so... I think it was Headbangers Ball or something and Ricky asked Phil a question. Phil was so stoned, he just goes in that long slow southern drawl, "I don't know man... all I know is our shows kick ass."
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Kiss was a very structured band, if it could be explained that way.

They all agreed to do certain things a certain way and to deviate from that was rebellion in Gene's and Paul's mind, mostly Gene.

As already stated, even radio and television interviews it was agreed who was appointed to do that talking and Paul was the main one.
                Kiss was a very democratic structured band, perhaps too much.
                In the early days such was okay, but when huge wealth and fame entered into the equation, breaking the rules also entered into the equation.
                Kiss' demise was inevitable because Kiss was huge, too huge.

Surprisingly or oddly, it worked (the overkill of rules for everything) for a long time.
                It seemed good business all the way to when super stardom overshadowed everything that matter. At that point its a free for all.

With that said, the one whom most hate in the clip (Gene) is still the most successful.
                Like him or not, he know business, he knows how to make it work and he knows how to make lots of money.

Love em or hate em...
                Can't deny "Kiss Alive" the Cobo Hall album.
                That was cutting edge and raised the bar and set a new standard for live recording.
                A piece of rock history.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I remember hearing a radio interview done by someone like Radio Derby, with Dave Mustaine, in 1988 just after they did Donington for the first time. Dave was less than talkative, mumbled a few answers and complained that they had been put onstage before "some Kung-fu faggot" (ie. David Lee Roth)

The radio station said afterwards that they had edited out long silences, and that Dave Mustaine appeared to be curiously out of it.

That'd be the smack then.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

hehe,an interview in the 90's with sepultura's max cavalera in japan after he damaged his knee in a car accident. The japanese presenter with a translator asks what happened and how his knee was...

Max replied "errrr, i don't know the technical terms but it got fugged up"

Comment

The Who- Nice Dummy Head and Cab * No Cables and Pete nudges it with foot and it gos sliding....Tubes and Glass would have been everywhere.

Comment

When the camera panned to Criss & his huge green feather shoulderpads I choked on my coffee.

Comment

Working...
                        X