Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mustaine's contract with Dean expires this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine's contract with Dean expires this year!

Here's a little quote from Dave's latest post on Megadeth's forums:

"Then I have to leave on the 30th again to go back to Germany for the release of my new Signature product line from Marshall. I am also hoping to go by the Dean booth and sign or at least say hello to the booth and the fans that are there. It’s hard to believe that my contract with Dean Guitars will be up at the end of this year, and I must say that I still absolutely love my Dean Guitars, and I hope to show my support at the MESSE show in Germany next month."

Go on Jackson and bring back those KV1s

Thats what im hoping for ... but i doubt it ..

Comment

Hopefully.
      Gear

Jackson DXMG
      Jackson JS30RR
      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
      Blackstar HT5H
      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
      Marshall JCM 800 2203
      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
        Thats what im hoping for ... but i doubt it ..
        Yeah, I doubt that too, sadly. Just like Pontiac's release of the new Firebird

Comment

If the relationship is good between both parties, which it appears to be, the odds are that they will renew his contract. Dean certainly doesn't want to lose one of their most prolific artists (especially one that's actually still alive).

The only thing that might be a factor even though he apparently still loves the guitars is that Dean Zelinsky is no longer with the company.

I'm not entirely sure I would want to see Mustaine back at Jackson given all the FMIC changes/policies. Any time you order a King V with a color or feature one of his guitars might have you'll probably have to get him to "OK" it.

Comment

I think a re-release of KV1s could be possible then + His new Sig would be a nice string-through KV which many of us want

Comment

Sometimes you gotta pick up your balls and stuff 'em back in your sack.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                I think a re-release of KV1s could be possible then + His new Sig would be a nice string-through KV which many of us want
                A string-through KV would be nice. Though, that is something Jackson should be doing regardless of Mustaine.

I wonder how big of a seller the current KV2T is for Jackson. Judging by most of what I have read it doesn't seem like many people would kick up much of a fuss if the current KV2T disappeared in favor of a real KV2T.

Comment

I don't know the sales figures for the KV2T, but I love mine. I actually prefer the all mahogany construction when it comes to the guitar's tone. I find the KV2T a little darker and creamier than the 2 KV2s I have (could also be due to the Floyds on the KV2s). As far as a "Real" KV2T I assume you are referring to the normal Jackson headstock and shark inlays. I like the KV2T and its deviation from the typical Jackson appointments. Also, I don't have any problem going from the different scale lengths of the two models.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                    I don't know the sales figures for the KV2T, but I love mine. I actually prefer the all mahogany construction when it comes to the guitar's tone. I find the KV2T a little darker and creamier than the 2 KV2s I have (could also be due to the Floyds on the KV2s). As far as a "Real" KV2T I assume you are referring to the normal Jackson headstock and shark inlays. I like the KV2T and its deviation from the typical Jackson appointments. Also, I don't have any problem going from the different scale lengths of the two models.
                    I'm sure they're great guitars. It just seems like a lot of people would prefer having a regular KV2 with a string-thru option instead.

An all mahogany option would probably be a huge hit also.

Comment

Hes going with "HelloKitty"...and his quote will be..."Its the absolute
                      best axe ive ever played"! Nothing will ever be better...until my contract
                      expires! ...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        Hes going with "HelloKitty"...
                        His model will be called "The Whiny Pussy."
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          His model will be called "The Whiny Pussy."
                          :ROTF::ROTF:
                          Now that's some funny shit!!

Comment

Then it'll be the perfect model for the KV2T bashers

Seriously, stop crying about Muswang and this "real KV2T" bullshit. The KV2T IS a "real KV2T" regardless of your misperceptions.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Then it'll be the perfect model for the KV2T bashers

Seriously, stop crying about Muswang and this "real KV2T" bullshit. The KV2T IS a "real KV2T" regardless of your misperceptions.
                              Who is crying or bashing?

"misperceptions"

Comment

Working...
                              X