Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Absence

Hey guys

I am a die hard metal head, I have been since I was 6, but I'm a stubborn metal head, as most are I would assume.
    I've been lost as of late since Dime's passing, I don't have much interest in anything new, and since most new stuff to me seems like you need to belong to some sort of tight pant, bandanna, generally lame scene I've stayed away from alot of bands and just kept listening to what I love! I was around for when Carcass came out and same with Arch Enemy and At the Gates, I loved that stuff and still do, not much can hold a candle to Carcass IMHO.
    Anyhow, to get to the fucking point already, on a whim I got a new cd, and am just fucking blown away! This band The Absence is all of the elements of the bands I mentioned above with a bit of testament and I fucking LOVE it!

I'm really stoked to hear the new record! and so far I can see the only scene these guys are a part of is the fucking thick beard scene haha

Anyhow if anyone likes this band post up!

Peace!

C

The dude with the screen name "Ihave27frets" is in that band. He posts once in a while. I agree, great band. I really like their sound and the Testament cover they did for "Into the Pit" is phenomenal.

Edit: Here's his hello thread.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88425
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Ben

thanks for posting that, I knew he was on sevenstring.org as I've passed by many of his posts for the few years I've been there and didn't give his tags for his band a second thought hahahah

Peter is on every forum hahaha

Peace

Comment

The Absence is one of my favorite newer metal bands ever. In fact, I think their last "Riders of the Plague" sounded more like Burning bridges/Wages of Sin era Arch Enemy than the newer "crappier" Arch Enemy stuff..

Thanks for the heads up on their new cd. That is on the very top of evergrowing list!

Ben, Thanks for letting me that dude actually post here..I must have missed that thread.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X