Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guitar teacher - Bernie Brausewetter

I love youtube!!!

Bernie Brausewetter was my guitar teacher for a bunch of years when I first started playing. I found out he passed away back in 2007. Thanks to the magic of youtube, I found a bunch of videos. He was a really awesome player, singer and frontman - and a great teacher. I was probably not the best student.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLgPO...eature=related

Check out some shreddy stuff during the second solo - he could really rip.

I remember he would be showing me like simple pentatonic licks, and then he'd say, "and you can go really nuts, man" and then he would play some sick runs. I still have all the lesson tapes he recorded for me and am in the process of recording them all to file.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Cool brother- the guy was the real deal. You were very fortunate to know him and to get to learn from him. He comes across as a very inspirational man. Great tone, smooth vocals and a relaxed stage manner show he's a true seasoned pro. The gig on the yacht is a classic.

Comment

What triple said... wow.. allot of flair..and i dug the bebop jazz chording..
      what a gifted guitarist! Thats too young.. im 54..and i feel fragile now..

Comment

Holy crap! I knew Bernie when he was playing high school gigs. He was a better guitarist then than I am now, decades later.

I wish I could say I was his friend, but it's more of an "I'm not worthy" thing. My bandmates and I would go see him play, and walk away feeling like we should go cut our fingers off. We'd hang out with Bernie on breaks, and see each other's band play, but that was about it.

He was always giving lessons; at the time he was getting a whopping $5 per 1/2 hour.

Of course, "life happens", people move on, forget, and every once in awhile think "wonder whatever became of...?" I had forgotten all about him until I just read this post.Poor Bernie; anyone know how he died?

BTW, any of you guys that took lessons from him: consider yourself lucky. The guy was amazing (wish I had the scratch back then to have a few lessons!)
        WarPig____________________________________________
        "Live every day as if it were your last...
        ...one day it will be."

Comment

Working...
        X