The Sisters still have it !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sisters still have it !!

Saw Heart" Thursday night.. last time seeing them was 81' ! Same memories.. Tight, great sound..small venue. Boy does Nancy have those
    rock start moves down! She abuses a Martin.. Anyway..probably the best Voice in Rock imo...(Ann) sure shes a large lady, but belting out the
    killer vocals is her game! I had chills when she did "Barracuda"...also cool
    was them doing about 4 Led Zep songs, and one Who" song. Just a great
    night! Ladies in their 50's can still bring it !!

They had great guitar players in the day. Barracuda and Magic Man are awesome guitar songs. And those gals could sing. Glad to hear they still have the vocals.

Comment

What electrics is Nancy playing now?
      She used to play Washburns, right?

Comment

I remember watching 'Behind the Music' or something similar and the sisters stating that once they heard Zeppelin, that was who they would emulate...in female form.
        Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

If you have not seen their rendition of the Zep song "the battle of evermore" on youtube.....do yourself a favor and look it up. Specifically the Soundstage version.
          Hell nevermind, I looked it up and here it is.....no need to look for it yourself, just do yourself the favor and click the link LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na26mDoaBvc
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Oh ...and Nancy is STILL fuckin HOT!!!
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

No Atlanta dates??
              -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                What electrics is Nancy playing now?
                She used to play Washburns, right?
                She played a LP Standard... Washburn mandolin.. her signature Martin
                cutout dreadnaught...and a fender Tele...couldnt tell if it was a CS or not? Not sure either if it was a Re-issue LP, or an original Big$'s one?
                I was about 80 feet from the stage. Here is what i saw thursday night..although a different bass player for me... Weird that they would
                have a bandmate change in 2 weeks time? Anyone know who this guitar player is on the right? Oh, and they were IN TUNE for me! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os9tk...eature=related
                Last edited by Robert Burns; 02-07-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

On youtube there's a live version of Crazy On You that has an impressive acoustic intro Nancy plays. Turn up your PC and enjoy. Her it is.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUE5fc7eiWk
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                    She played a LP Standard...
                    Are you sure it was a Gibson? When I saw here on CMT, she was playing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I did a little research and sure enough, she had a deal with Epiphone. I have no idea if that deal is still in affect. I do know that she's had good relations with Gibson for many years.

Glad you enjoyed the show. Last time I saw the gals was back in the mid-1970s. I'm jealous!
                    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                      Are you sure it was a Gibson? When I saw here on CMT, she was playing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I did a little research and sure enough, she had a deal with Epiphone. I have no idea if that deal is still in affect. I do know that she's had good relations with Gibson for many years.

Glad you enjoyed the show. Last time I saw the gals was back in the mid-1970s. I'm jealous!
                      ** No im not sure..so i would bet that it is a Custom Shop (yes epiphone
                      has one!) LP standard.. i couldnt make out the headstock in the low light. Man, you got to see them when they were total babes! :-))

Comment

Actually, my buddy and I got to the venue extremely early hoping to catch a glimpse of the band, get autographs, blue balls, etc. As we were walking around the side of the building, we noticed a half broken window and very low volume "noodling." We scurried up to the window and peeked in. It was Nancy warming up on a little 1x10 combo. She spotted us and gave us a wink, then it was off to sound check.

When the gates opened, we were right up against the stage. When Nancy came out, she spotted us, grinned from ear to ear, then blew us a kiss! I shook goo out of my sneakers for a week!
                        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                          If you have not seen their rendition of the Zep song "the battle of evermore" on youtube.....do yourself a favor and look it up. Specifically the Soundstage version.
                          Hell nevermind, I looked it up and here it is.....no need to look for it yourself, just do yourself the favor and click the link LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na26mDoaBvc

Comment

One of these days I'll get to catch one of their shows. They're one of my all time favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                            X