No announcement yet.

The most tear-jacking saying goodbye songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think alot of the impact of the song depends on the circumstances that you hear it. I just had to put a dog down a week ago. I brought him to a neurosurgeon an hour and a half away. After the consultation, the neurosurgeon recommended he be put down. I had to then drive him home and was balling my eyes out listening to Savatage - If I Go Away (Streets)
    When I looked at the dog and heard the lyrics - "the ghost within your eyes" I lost it. I just heard this song while at work and was tearing up.

I guess my point is that any song can be a tear jerker if you hear it during sad situations.

Comment

Rush - "Afterimage"

When I lost a family member to suicide a few years ago, that song really hit home with me.
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Now it is my turn unfortunately. So I came to Budapest few months ago to make some research about my PhD thesis. I' ll be leaving in a few days. Leaving the girl that I fell in love with here. I listen to "Burden" by Opeth everyday over and over again. I an trying to study but I can't. All I do is thinking, asking myself why I met her and listening to this song.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          "When's its love" by Van Hagar..it brings tears to my eyes...because it's so fuggin' gay
          Simply priceless!
          "POOP"

Comment

Savatage - If I Go Away
            http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=7YLAT83WkRE

Edit: Whoops, I missed that it's mentioned a few posts above...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC24c...eature=related

"...where she once laid her head."

Single tear.
              "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
              Zakk Wylde

Comment

Working...
              X