New edguy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New edguy!!!

their new album will be out on november 14!!! check out the video for the first single

http://de.sevenload.com/sendungen/ED...stry-Of-Saints

these guys just keep getting better....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I've been a fan since the beginning. They are a great band.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

sure thing. i saw them at progpower 3 i think...which ever one had blind guardian, kamelot and gamma ray. they OWNED that night.

my ex-wife and i went back the year they headlined. we hung out with tobias and eggi for a little while before the "meet-n-greet" - she was SOOOO excited....but made a total ass out of herself. she was talking to tobias , speaking REALLY slow and deliberate - pronouncing each syllable of each word (she didn't know he spoke english)...she was rubbing her stomach telling him that when she has a baby she wants to name it "mandrake" because it is her favorite song.

he looked at me, raised his eyebrow, smiled...then looked at her, gave a double thumbs up and said "good luck with that!!" - in perfect english. my wife blushed and felt so dumb!!! eggi told her not to feel bad, and then we all laughed....ah precious memories.

anyway, i am super excited for the new album and i hope the US tour comes somewhere NEAR florida this time....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

which according to you guys is their best album/songs?
        Sam

Comment

i love the "superheroes" EP...it is a good range of what they do. the "king of fools" EP is pretty good too.

as far as the full length albums, i think "hellfire club" is better than "rocket ride". all the albums prior to "mandrake" are hit and miss depending on what you expect.

quick mini-reviews:

"kingdom of madenss" - their first album, has a few songs that are really good, but the band was only in their teens when they made it, so the playing and production are somewhat immature. tobi sammett's voice is still developing...

"vain glory opera" - some decent songs, but the vocals have WAY to much vibrato. it pretty much ruins the album for me. the songs are a bit more keyboard heavy than later records. overall i don't really like this record...in fact i pretty much think it sucks.

"theater of salvation" - i really like this one. a lot of keyboards, but the songs are faster and very melodic. sort of like helloween's "keeper" albums. not exactly, but similar. almost every song on this record is good.

"the savage poetry" - this is a rerecording of their VERY first, independently released album. i don't like it. to me, it only has a couple of good songs. i NEVER listen to it - EVER!! the songs are just weak...

"mandrake" - MOST of this album is awesome. good, speedy german metal mixed with a slight amount of "hard rock" beginning to emerge - but mostly metal. keyboards are starting to dimish by this record.

"burning down the opera" - this is a live album. it KILLS!!!! i LOVE it!!!! i HIGHLY recommend this CD. it has a good sampling of their good songs, performed in a BETTER way than the studio recordings in some places.

"king of fools" EP - see above.

"hellfire club" - this is a killer metal album. very fast, very melodic and the production is awesome!!! most of the songs are really good too.

"super heroes" EP - see above.

"rocket ride" - this album is a bit more hard rock than metal. it is a VERY good record. strong songs, brilliant production excellent vocals. this is a great introduction to where edguy seems to be going at this point. not too many blasting double bass drums or speedy solos, but an excellent, solid heavy rock album.

well, i hope this helps. if you have any specific question about a certain album, let me know.
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Wow. That sure is a lot of info. Thanks man!
            Sam

Comment

Working...
            X