No announcement yet.

Early career ANTHRAX guitars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow those are outrageous, thats well hell of a badass pile of guitars though, good pics guys
    92 rhoades ex professional

Comment

Man, I want an XTRR... Even if I'm too old to look cool with it, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        Man, I want an XTRR... Even if I'm too old to look cool with it, haha...
        +1. For me being a fat guy, that XTRR would look tiny. I might need to make a "King Rhoads" for it to look proportional.

Comment

No more pictures of Dan's great guitars??
          thanks

Comment

Wow, sooo much cool (XT)RRs in this thread!!

Anyone know why Dan actually needed so much guitars??

Comment

prolly the same reason dave mustaine did...because he could have them. anthrax were obviously BIG jackson players back in the day. to me, they were MORE jackson than dave mustaine (whom i have always veiwed as a substance abusing whiny, asshole bitch).
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
                What is he 4 ft 5? That Charvel is fucking HUGE on him LOL.
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  what's a "tmnt"?
                  Teenage mutant ninja turtles?

get out. Now.

Comment

OK - I've been working on this over the last couple of weeks. The layout sucks because I'm not a web developer and have been using the application provided with the free webspace from my ISP. And I think it might be doing something screwy when viewed in IE. Trust me, all Danny's guitars are in here, but some pages might get cut down if you use IE. So all in all, it's perfection

Anyhoo, check it out, and let me know when you find mistakes / tech issues...

http://danspitzguitars.shawwebspace.ca/
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      prolly the same reason dave mustaine did...because he could have them. anthrax were obviously BIG jackson players back in the day. to me, they were MORE jackson than dave mustaine (whom i have always veiwed as a substance abusing whiny, asshole bitch).
                      It was actually very hard to get a Jackson endorsement back in the day, and Spitz had a hand in helping Mustaine get on board.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I think Danny was one of the tiny number of players who got them free back in the day. Other players got discounts, but no freebies....

Comment

i wonder what ever happened to those guys... you see scott ian around on this show or that show, playing at this supergroup jam or that supergroup jam. i wonder what happened to the rest of those guys...
                          198? Charvel Model 2B s/n 245085
                          1987 Charvel Model 6 s/n C707218
                          2001 SL2H Black Pearl s/n U09404
                          2006 SL2HT Burnt Cherry Sunburst s/n U18151
                          2008 USA C/S Soloist Soft Arch Carved Top Tiger Eye JA0510
                          2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 006666 (Ebony Fretboard)
                          2009 Adrian Smith Dinky s/n 007066 (Maple Freboard)

Comment

Charlie and Frankie are still in Anthrax. Joey tours independantly. Spitz is working on a new project....

Comment

Originally posted by drixll View Post
                              i wonder what ever happened to those guys... you see scott ian around on this show or that show, playing at this supergroup jam or that supergroup jam. i wonder what happened to the rest of those guys...
                              Scott, Charlie and Frank are making a new "Anthrax" album, with a new singer and fuck knows who playing lead guitar. Some guy.
                              It's past caring about.
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Very nice thread! Anthrax was my band in my teens... While all my buddies were Metallica fans, I was a huge Anthrax fan... Fistful of Metal and Spreading The Disease! Good ol' days! Dan was one of my influence to start playing the guitar.

To the one who created the "unofficial Spitz guitars website"! Rock on! Nice site!
                                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                                X