Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Z and family Meet Uli Roth....

Here Bill, fixed it...
    Last edited by Cleveland Metal; 10-12-2008, 05:48 PM.

Cool! Uli rocks!

Comment

kickass...lol at your son in the background of the first pic
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Bill's beard looks like it is dyed. But I think it is not. Looks cool !
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Fuckin righteous,,,,ULI smokes

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I got like 50 pics... A couple large ones of his pedal board. Not sure people wanna see all that....

Comment

Yikes..Well, I was kinda "ready" in the 1st pic with ULi..and my dickhole kid had to the spoil the shot..per usual. Damn he should be required to wear a helmet at all times! The other two..wtf am I grabbing for ..Mark Boals' pud?!

It was an AWESOME night! Prolly one of the best guitar performance I witnessed since Uli's last show. Many crazy things. I met a good friend of Uli's (Mike L) that is taping various shows. He's the one that introduced Uli to Frank Marino, they are very good freinds and both dedicated Christians. He offered to send me a copy of the show once he's done some editing. He also gave me a quick guide of Uli's gear. He plays two Sky guitars called The Dragon / The Phoenix. Uli ran a vintage Marshall Super Lead into a Fender head. Both half stacks are cranked, mic'd and facing the wall. John took a pic of Uli's pedal board which my wife sat next to all night. I was just an arm's reach from him all night and watched him using his stuff. He mostly tap danced on a MXR Carbon copy for delay, Ibanez TS-9 turbo, some baby blue octiva, H & K replex, two dunlop 535Qs, Morley volume pedal, a custom A/B for his guitars and a whammy pedal which he touched once or twice. He had this cool sustainer thing mounted from a flex arm from his mic stand that shined a blue light. Its Wave or Vision Vibe or something..it worked cool whenever he didn't get too close or far from it. The onboard tuner on his guitar kicked ass. Uli is nuts with his non locking whammy. His tuner appeared to be a dial of colored lights near the guitar volume knob. It tunes itself by just struming the strings wide open a few times..until all the lights were solid blue..then he was in perfect tune...fuggin' cool!!

I can't believe he's not completely deaf. I was next to the side monitor by his ear..oh, fuck me!! After a while I just went numb..it still feels like I have cotton in my ears today.

OH..this blew me away!!! As I was talking to Uli. He pointed to my T shirt and said "I know the guitar player in that band"..I responded.."Jeff Loomis??!!" ..he stated, "Yes, what an amazing gifted young man, he's incredible..he gave me a guitar!"..Jeff gave Uli one of his Schecter sigs...how fuggin' cool!

Cleveland John was pretty blown away, it was his first time seeing him. We were both smiling from ear to ear all night but yet felt like we should sell our gear!!

Uli is a very humbling experience..and he is VERY humble, thankful gentleman in every way!!! It was a night of absolute musical perfection. His band, Mark and Liz..perfection!

Hail Uli Jon Roth
              Last edited by horns666; 10-12-2008, 05:32 AM.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                I got like 50 pics... A couple large ones of his pedal board. Not sure people wanna see all that....
                hahaa ..Well, I tried to explain it as best I could..

John, wasn't that amazing..wow!! I'm still silly from it..

I'll be back later guys..Yeah, John took a shitload of pix!!!!

I'm going to eat and watch a movie for now..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We hung at the bar till wayyyy late, 4 or so. Had a blast and watch Uli slay people at Foosball. Not only a monster guitarist, but pro foosballer... Next to him is a buddy of mine that did some touring with Yngwie as a drum tech and playing drums for a lot of shows...

Comment

I probably would have keeled over and passed out being that close to the master.

Comment

Yeah, he was seriously cool. I hung out with them a long time last night and it was a fun time. He is just a tremendously nice, down to earth, humble dude. He is a very special human being, I have to say that. He just brings a calm to you when you're around him. He is so mellow and relaxed... I can't even begin to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        I probably would have keeled over and passed out being that close to the master.
                        John G, I got something for ya..

Comment

Not sure who this little lady was, but she sang an intro to a song and seemed like such a sweetheart...

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            John G, I got something for ya..
                            OH MY GOD..........

Comment

Here are links to some VERY large pics of his pedal board to peruse, I left them large to show detail for those that are curious, so I didn't wanna clog up the board with gigantic pics...

Enjoy.

http://pitbullpets.com/members/john/uli/dscf0379.jpg

http://pitbullpets.com/members/john/uli/dscf0381.jpg

http://pitbullpets.com/members/john/uli/dscf0383.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X